Returned cable card trough UPS store, got bill from collectiors for unreturned equipment
mzu2006

I was Verizon FIOS customer at one address before September XX 2013. I got a cablecard and a modem. When disconnecting my account I was adivsed that I need to return a cablecard.

I went to the retail Verizon FIOS location, and the clerk in the office advised me to return it from the UPS store instead of waiting in the long line.

So I did. I have the UPS receipt with tracking # and dates.

I received a bill in late October, which stated unpaid charge for unreturned equipment. I called Verizon customer center and I was told it will be taken care of.

Then I receieved another bill in late November for the same charge for the unreturned equpipment. I called Verizon, spent about an hour on the phone, they took my tracking# and said that everything will be taken care of.

Now, today I get my Christmas present from Verizon: a bill form collection agency for the amount originally billed for the unreturned equpment.

What do I do now?

0 Likes
Re: Returned cable card trough UPS store, got bill from collectiors for unreturned equipment
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mzu2006,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Returned cable card trough UPS store, got bill from collectiors for unreturned equipment
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mzu2006

We were able to address the final bill and correct an error with equipment charges. Having confirmed that these went through on our end we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions please make a new post.
-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
cnsumer

I have the same thing occurring to me right now. I returned the cale card back in April, and I have documented proof from UPS that the package was delivered. It was shipped in the box Verizon provided and I used the shipping label Verizon provided. I just received a bill from Verizon with a $100 charge for an unreturned card. I tried chatting with customer service but they said "It will take approximately 3 to 5 business days for this to be investigated. If we do see that it has been returned, the fee will be removed within 1 to 2 billing cycles. If there are any problems, we will notify you.". This is unacceptable... UPS shows the package was delivered and I want these false charges removed immediately. Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cnsumer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, cnsumer

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell

0 Likes
cnsumer

This issue still has not been resolved. I was given a reference number on 6/16/2014 and was told this would be resolved in 3-5 business days. The erroneous charge is still on my bill. Need this resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes
cnsumer

How do I get someone online to discuss and resolve this right now? My work schedule does not allow me unlimited time to work this... I need it resolved now. Can we get another private support case opened immediately so I can provide the required info again to get this fixed? Frustrated...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cnsumer,

Your private support case has been reopened.  Please follow the instructions posted earlier in this topic to access your case.  The support agents do not monitor the public forums and will need to hear from you in the private area before they can resume assisting you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for updating us on your bill, cnsumer!

If you should have another issue with your service or bill, please let us know by posting in this public thread.

Best,

Art

0 Likes