Sales rep lied and now a monthly price increase
disgruntled2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a letter 3 months ago from Verizon informing me that my bundle was about to expire and stated that I was eligible to re-bundle with a new 2 year commitment.

I called a spoke with a very helpful rep (so I thought) who walked me through the process of re-bundling.  Twice I asked the rep if the monthly price that he was quoting me would be the same each month for the entire 2 years and both times he confirmed that the price would NOT increase.  I CONFIRMED THIS TWICE!  ON A RECORDED LINE!

The first 3 months I receievd my bill with the agreed upon price.  HOWEVER......

On month 4 I received my bill and it was magically 25% higher than the agreed upon price (DID I MENTION THAT PRICE I AGREED TO WAS ON A RECORDED LINE?).

Today I called Verizon to inquire as to why they lied and raised my price.

The first call I was hung up on (I will chalk that up to an accident)

The second call I talked to "Anna", who made NO apolgies at Verizon's error.  And made no attempt to rectify the issue.  Her only offer was to downgrade my plan which would only save $7 per month (and carry a new 2 year agreement).  When I told her that was unacceptable and that I would just like to be let out of my contract she said that it would be a $210 early termination fee!  To which I responded that they will just waive it and she said that they would not!!!

So I asked to speak with a manager and her response was that all the managers were in a 3 hour meeting (are you kidding me??)  She took down my cell number and repeated it and said that they would call me back in 3 hours.  IT IS NOW 8 HOURS LATER and still no call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verizon's Next Steps

1.  I want those managers reprimanded for ALL being off the floor for 3 hours

2.  I want "Anna" or the manager responsible for calling me back reprimanded for not following up on their promise to return my call

3.  I want Verizon to either

A.  Honor the price that I agreed to ON A RECORDED LINE or....

B.  Let me out of my contract and waive the early termination fee

I will give Verizon 5 days before I contact the CFPB, the BBB, Consumer Affairs, the local and national news, and Lowell McAdam myself.

These deceptive business practices are unimaginably unconscionable and they must be stopped immediately.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled2014

Re: Sales rep lied and now a monthly price increase
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The people you need to work with are only there old fashion business hours.

You are talking here to peers, not Verizon.

As a curiosity are you sure the price is going up because you had a free for 3 months extra such as HBO.

0 Likes
disgruntled2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the effort TNS.

I know what happened already.  i figured it out last month.  There were existing credits that expired.

My issue is that the sales rep did not inform me of the expiring credits.  When I asked them what the price would be they said $XXX.XX per month.  I asked if that was going to be the price for each month for 2 years and they said yes.  I asked again to confirm and they said yes.

My issue is that had they disclosed the actual price there is a good chance that I would not have rebundled.

The sales rep's deceptive practice of not disclosing the actual price when I asked 2 different times led me to make a decison in resigning a new 2 year agreement that I may not have made knowing the actual price.

Therefore, Verizon either must:

1.  Honor the agreed upon price of the legally binding contract

2.  Waive the early termination fee

This is an open and shut case.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi disgruntled2014,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

disgruntled2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you LawrenceC, I look forward to having them help resolve their mistake. 

0 Likes