Still being auto-deducted for cancelled service
Nothappy2000

I cancelled my service and went with Cox effective 11/11/11.  I have turned in all my equipment, with copies of receipts to prove this.  I spoke with {edited for privacy} in billing on 11/28 who ASSURED me that I would not have my December payment automatically deducted (as I could see it was going to be).  {edited for privacy} told me that when my account was cancelled, it automatically goes to paper billing.  He said I would receive a paper bill, to ignore it, and another corrected one would be sent showing my credit.  Contrary to what I was told, on 12/7, Verizon deducted their monthly charge from my checking account for service that has been cancelled since 11/14.  The main reason for my cancellation is Verizon's terrible customer service.  I had told {edited for privacy} that he was the first person in customer service who ever made me feel satisfied after calling Verizon. This issue has just confirmed my initial feelings.  

I just sent ANOTHER (one of my many) email through Verizon's web site (as there is NO way to resolve billing issues by phone on weekends.  Even during the week, the hold time for billing is 20 minutes or more.     

0 Likes
Re: Still being auto-deducted for cancelled service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nothappy2000

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Nothappy2000

So here we are on 12/29.  {edited for privacy} informed me over two weeks ago that {edited for privacy} gave me incorrect information and that she was going to be sure that she would push my refund through as soon as possible, though, "sadly" she said it would not be by Christmas.  Guess now all I can do is HOPE for the New Year.  

0 Likes
Nothappy2000

Left a message with Ms. Johnson yesterday requesting an update.  Have not heard back from her yet.

0 Likes
Nothappy2000

Left a message with Pam {edited for privacy}again on 1/2/12 at 9:38 a.m.   Still nothing.  

Again, to reiterate what I stated before (and it was wiped off my post), if I do not have my refund check "in hand" by 1/6, my correspondence will go out to headquarters, BBB, and FTC.

0 Likes
Nothappy2000

Still have not heard anything.  Just left ANOTHER voicemail message for Pam.  It would be MUCH appreciated if SOMEONE could give me a call to let me know the status of my refund, which I have not received as of yet.

Thank you.

0 Likes