Still waiting on refund from August 2019- UNACCEPTABLE
SrSidera

I cancelled my Fios/wifi service in August 2019 when I was moving out of state to an area that didn't have Verizon service. I called Verizon and set up the cancellation.

In November 2019, I noticed I was still being billed for the Verizon Wifi. I called and an agent acknowledged I had set up the cancel, and that I will be refunded back to the cancel date. She told me the changes could not go into effect until December 2, 2019, and then I'd have to wait 4-6 weeks for a refund. 

This. is. RIDICULOUS.

But I said fine. I've waited patiently. It's now mid-January 2020 and I've received no refund. 

I called Verizon today to follow up, and was told that the previous agent who assured me my service was canceled and I would be receiving a refund, had lied and not input the statement credit after all. I was told today, AGAIN, to wait until next month and then 4-6 weeks for a refund.

I've been patient. I've waited the weeks I was told to wait. And now I'm being told I have to wait for another month and a half?!  For a total of four months? For service I canceled in AUGUST 2019?!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Verizon has taken hundreds of dollars from me in error and months later, the situation has not been remedied. How do I know that when I call back again in February, the same thing isn't going to happen again?

I'm calling the Better Business Bureau, and contacting my bank about the funds they erroneously withdrew from my account. I find it hard to believe, in the year 2020, that a refund has to wait almost 2 months to go through.

0 Likes
Re: Still waiting on refund from August 2019- UNACCEPTABLE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SrSidera,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes