Temporary Suspension of Service
ronbeaty

If I decide to temporarily suspend my residential phone service (for vacation purposes) for an extended period of time, what charges and fees will apply? How much will the exact cost of this be?

0 Likes
Re: Temporary Suspension of Service
prisaz
Legend

This is a peer to peer support community, with customers helping other customers. Although Verizon does provide some answers here, I suggest you contact them directly buy using the Contact Us link found at the bottom of this page. This is a question only Verizon can answer. Probably the billing department that is available for online chat during certain times.

whangapoua

This just in from Verizon, and it's quite shocking:

Verizon's pdf rate sheet says: "Seasonal Service Suspension (charged at initiation, 1-6 months) $24.99"and the website says

"Verizon offers FiOS Suspend/Reconnect Service which lets you suspend your individual or bundled FiOS services while you are on vacation or temporarily away from your home.

To qualify you must suspend your FiOS services for at least one month but not more than nine months. Also, there is a one time charge to temporarily suspend your FiOS services."

However, I was just told this from a chat session: "You would not have a savings unless the vacation service extends to at least six months."

So if you suspend for 1-6 months, you are charged your usual full rate PLUS $24.99! Two things: Why would anyone suspend service for a vacation when it costs more? And why does all the literature say one to six or nine months when it is only available for 6-9 months? It's really misleading.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@whangapoua wrote:

This just in from Verizon, and it's quite shocking:

Verizon's pdf rate sheet says: "Seasonal Service Suspension (charged at initiation, 1-6 months) $24.99"and the website says

"Verizon offers FiOS Suspend/Reconnect Service which lets you suspend your individual or bundled FiOS services while you are on vacation or temporarily away from your home.

To qualify you must suspend your FiOS services for at least one month but not more than nine months. Also, there is a one time charge to temporarily suspend your FiOS services."

However, I was just told this from a chat session: "You would not have a savings unless the vacation service extends to at least six months."

So if you suspend for 1-6 months, you are charged your usual full rate PLUS $24.99! Two things: Why would anyone suspend service for a vacation when it costs more? And why does all the literature say one to six or nine months when it is only available for 6-9 months? It's really misleading.

Chat was of course wrong.  You may still be charged a few minor amounts.  e.g mine gets

Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal .08 each month.  But that's all.

0 Likes