Terrible Customer Service
jmiller5

We switched to Verizon from Comcast in late July.  When I signed up I specifically asked for two names on the bill because my girlfriend works from home and her name needs to be on the bill. We were assured that both names would be on the bill.

In August the bill came with only my name on it.  I called Verizon Customer Service and they told me that only one name could be on the bill, but they could change the name to be my girlfriends.  They took her information including her social security number, and changed the information.

In September the bill comes, and it still has my name on it. I call customer services and they say they cannot change the name without opening a new account which will cost more money.  After explaining myself and that Verizon had made two mistake resulting in us having to pay more money, they say they can't help us and we have to open a new account. I ask to file a complaint and they tell me to do it online.

All I need is a name change on a bill (which was an easy process with Comcast), and it should not cost me hundreds of dollars for a mistake(s) that Verizon made.  This is outrageous, what is the point of customer service if they cannot help the customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmiller,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case. Please make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
DisgruntledD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to open a new thread, but cannot find any way to do so.  This is my first post and I've given up on finding an FAQ.   "Terrible customer service" is a very apt forum heading, anyway.

Here's the deal: On Sept 9, 2013 Verizon agreed to put me on a 2 year contract for FIOS 15/5 at $59.99/mo, and gave me an order number to confirm it.  After weeks there is still not a word on MyVerizon or in the email "confirmation" sent me following that negotiation that corroborates either price or contract.  Per MyVerizon, I'm still out of contract. 

I believe this is an ugly little holding action to keep me paying month by month until RCN stops offering their deal for 50/6 cable internet at $35 for year one, $45 for year 2 and $55 for year 3.  If the Verizon rep hadn't agreed to lock me in for 2 years at $59.99 per month, I'd have made the switch that day.  Ha, I thought I was paying more but avoiding hassle by keeping my FIOS at a price I knew wouldn't keep going up until the contract was done.

I live in NYC.  I'd had a FIOS 15/5 and telephone double-play 2 year contract.  That contract expired, the double play prices rose substantially, and I ported my telephone number out (which Verizon, a month later, seems quite incapable of recognizing - thus one open order) then negotiated a 2 year contract to continue with FIOS 15/5 for another 2 years at $59.99/mo. 

In the classic Verizon bait and switch, I received an email with an order number that had ZERO information - apart from said order number.  I logged onto my Verizon - yes, an order number, with absolutely NO indication as to what it refers to.  And somehow there's no way to click the order number for details. Hmmm.

A series of phone calls later (no one could figure out why the order continued to languish, though each service rep promised to fix the problem), On my 7th call and 9th or 10th Verizon rep over the course of checking back in week after week, I'm finally transferred on 9/9/2013 to a "tier 2 Dept." rep who also seem to find this all incomprehensible and says "we may have to replace the order," then transfers me to "the business office" and Ms. Davis.  Ms. Davis apologizes for all the time wasted, confirms the 2 year contract deal I'd negotiated, and assures me she'll see it through to completion and will herself call me back. 

Need I say that I've never heard back from Ms. Davis?  And that there's no change in the mystery "open order?"

The first eternally open order number seemed only to refer to the hanging porting order (which makes no sense as I began using the SUCCESSFULLY ported telephone number via T-mobile on 8/23/2013) - meanwhile the mystery email confirmation/order number generated on 9/9/13 was a new number and supposedly referred to the new 2-year FIOS contract.  Except that when I called in today I was snarkily schooled that this order number only referred to the "open" porting request.  She said she'd get the contract order through RIGHT AFTER she emails me another confirmation.  Haha.  No email confirmation has come.

Folks, I'm out of time and patience.  This looks like a blatant attempt to keep me "pending" until I can't get the great limited time RCN offer - and then it'll just be more FIOS rate hikes.  Verizon, ante up - you came to an agreement, could you please honor it and stop wasting my time?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi DisgruntledD

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
DisgruntledD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that the forum board says the issue is "being resolved privately " - I had a quite long online chat  exchange with a new Verizon rep, which generated a new ticket number.  But until I see what I was promised on MyVerizon, and until the "open" phone porting nonsense is closed out, I will continue to update the forum on this thread (as well as the new thread on the same topic that I finally managed to open.)

As of right now, after MANY more hours of time expended on this nonsense, MyVerizon doesn't show the new ticket number that arrived in my email inbox (again, no details, JUST a number, so who knows what it means), and all of the mystery tickets are still apparently pending.

I'll let you know if it does get resolved.

Interesting note: the online chat rep seemed to see my previous interactions (since 9/9/2013) but neither the "trouble ticket" (given to me by the disappointing {edited for privacy}) nor the new ticket number (read to me, then confirmed when I read it back to the rude {edited for privacy}) is in the system.  They were just giving me fake numbers and then leaving me dangling, it would seem.  Gee, Verizon, that would explain a lot.  Thanks for training up your customer service so well, and caring about accountability.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

DisgruntledD, The order is flowing through the system, but waiting for user activation. You can complete the process by going to "activate.verizon.net" and following the prompts. We advised you of this several days ago via your Private Support Case but did no receive any response on if you were able to follow the process, and as such have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any further question please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
DisgruntledD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Adam and Jose and the others on this forum who tried to move my issue forward.

I was travelling and unable to throw away any more time begging Verizon to keep me as a FIOS customer.  I returned from my trip to see that the contract FINALLY was ready for me to activate.  Luckily, I checked MyVerizon first for my latest bill, and wouldn't you know, the contract offer reflected there gives me $59.99 per month for the first year for FIOS 15/5, after which it jacks up to 69.99/month.  Not what I was promised in August, which offer was indeed confirmed here in the private back-and-forth forum messages with Verizon reps.

Why would I lock into a 2 year contract when I don't get the promised 2-year price lock-in? And this is at the slowest FIOS speeds offered. Since loyal Verizon customers are ground into the dirt rather than thanked, that slowest-speed FIOS would go up in price extortionately after the 2 year contract would expire.  

For the record, I do not agree to the bogus, bait-and-switch two year contract "offer" that is STILL not what was promised way back in August.  I have not and will not "activate" your contract, and I am fleeing with glee into the welcoming arms of RCN.  Where even if I get only half what is promised (50/6 speeds at $35 per month for one year, goes up $10 per month in years 2 and 3, no contract required: a sweet deal), I'll get way faster speeds than I currently do, at a price that puts Verizon to shame.  And so far, RCN's customer service is pleasant, competant and seems to have all my account details right in front of them whenever I call them.

Buh-BYE, Verizon.

0 Likes