Trade-in credit issue...
rs1060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dec 24, 2021,  my wife and I both upgraded our phones with Verizon. At the time there was a "loyalty" trade in promo  granting $800 for each of our phones traded in and we have paperwork reflecting that.  These credit(s) were supposed to be applied monthly over time effectively reducing our charges for our "new" phones each billing cycle.

As of now, 1 year later, we have received  exactly 2 monthly credits. One at the beginning of the "deal" and one more months later after I had spoken to a Verizon rep. That's it. So, roughly we are overdue 9-10 monthly credit adjustments as promised. Our monthly payment has been approximately $50+ more each month then it should be with the exception of those 2 months we actually received our credit.

And here's the best part, we have attempted to rectify this situation probably 10 times. Four times calling our local Verizon outlet (in the beginning), and the remaining 6-7 times, calling the main Verizon Customer Service line.  Mind you, each of these calls usually takes 30-45 minutes of our time wherein the representative (who you cannot get hold of on any subsequent calls) apologizes and then promises this situation will be resolved. We are still waiting.

Ultimately, Verizon is contractually obligated to honor their end of the deal and that has not happened despite multiple opportunities, which is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable.

If anyone has any insight, please advise...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade-in credit issue...
rs1060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long overdue update:

Situation has been completely resolved and all credits applied.

I won't lie, it was not a fun experience but here's what we did. After private messaging a Customer Service rep, we initiated a online chat. The chat probably lasted near 3 hours and I was handed off several times I'm guessing as reps went to lunch or home etc. As it turned out, the local Verizon store dropped the ball and didn't submit the "devices" in time to qualify for the credit(s). It took some real investigating on Verizon C.S.'s  part to get to the bottom of it but they did and they made it right. We are very pleased with the outcome but it surely tested our patience.

So, if you know there is a legitimate billing issue or whatever, gather your documentation, initiate a chat and hang in there and be patient and I suspect Verizon will get it sorted for you. 

View solution in original post

rs1060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, your feedback is highly appreciated, this is never the experience we want to provide, we are in constant evolution to make the service better for you! We'd love to address your service concerns and turn your experience around. Please, send us a PM for further assistance.

>Daniela

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rs1060, we're concerned to learn that you're having issues with your trade-in promotions, and we'd love to help! Why did your credits stop after two months? 

~Baldo

0 Likes
rs1060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long overdue update:

Situation has been completely resolved and all credits applied.

I won't lie, it was not a fun experience but here's what we did. After private messaging a Customer Service rep, we initiated a online chat. The chat probably lasted near 3 hours and I was handed off several times I'm guessing as reps went to lunch or home etc. As it turned out, the local Verizon store dropped the ball and didn't submit the "devices" in time to qualify for the credit(s). It took some real investigating on Verizon C.S.'s  part to get to the bottom of it but they did and they made it right. We are very pleased with the outcome but it surely tested our patience.

So, if you know there is a legitimate billing issue or whatever, gather your documentation, initiate a chat and hang in there and be patient and I suspect Verizon will get it sorted for you.