Verizon Fios picture freezing pixelating and changes to bill
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a loyal FiOS customer ever since FiOS has been around and a Verizon customer for longer.  However, I think I'm through with Verizon TV.

For as long as I've had FIOS I've had problems with the picture freezing, pixelating, etc.  Whatever you want to call it.  I tried not to call as it will clear up a few days, weeks or months later.  Every time I seem to call I'll get some kind of change to my bill which I do not want.

I finally broke down last week and called.  In the end the customer rep went ahead and said he would send me out two new Motorola STBs, the black - not silver ones.  However, he also said there may be a silver one (QIP 7100).  I asked him no to send me what I already have.  From day one I've bought my own routers since it seems to be a rare occasion when a current customer gets new equipment.  I understand to a point Verizon's method, but this is actually not the first time I've asked for new STB boxes, years ago and I never received them.

Well, Ii receive two Verizon packages and they are both the oldest STBs that Verizon offers.  Yes, the old 7100s, first version.  I looked them up and they are 3-5 below what Verizon offers.

Based on this I want to rid myself of FiOS TV services and only stay with phone and Internet.  Pick up your old sets and turn off my cable services for the TV portion, reduce my bill and close this out.  I'm so very tired of the way I've been treated.  

Current customers do not factor into Verizon's plan.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios picture freezing pixelating and changes to bill
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes