Verizon Trade in Issue
davidgrumbach2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been involved in a 6 Month nightmare with Verizon.  We traded in our 10S phones to get the 14 pro and were supposed to receive promo credit of 22.22 for each phone toward our bill.  They applied it for the first moth and then removed it because they claimed they did not receive our trade in.  After we proved they did receive them, and after they sent texts confirming receipt of the trade in phones verbally on several occasions they still refuse to add the credit back to our bill.  I have to call EVERY month (sometimes several times a moth) to have them apply the credit manually.  this takes my personal time and has added unnecessary stress because of something that never should have happened.   They falsely claimed that they did not receive the phones, are in breach of contract because they have not applied the promo credit after it was proven they are in possession of the phones, and continue to over charge me each month.   EVERY time I call I am assured that the issue has been resolved, and EVERY time I have been disappointed.  Verizon is either unwilling or unable to resolve this issue to date.  I have been told that customer service representatives would  follow up with calls...They have not.  I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told someone would call me...They did not.  I called to be transferred to the legal department and the call dropped so I received a text saying someone would call me back.  no one has called.  I don't know what else to do to resolve the problem outside of getting outside legal advise.  At this point I no longer want to do business with Verizon.  I want them to give me the remaining value of our trade in devices, take their phones and move to another provider.  I have lost all trust and confidence in the company.

Re: Verizon Trade in Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidgrumbach2, I'm saddened to hear that you had to take the time to reach out to us more than once. I know I would like to have had the financial discount issue addressed once and for all. 

I would like to look closer into this for you. I will need for you to reach out to us first follow and send us a private message. Please click http://on.fb.me/KdwH96

-Roni

0 Likes
davidgrumbach2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I clicked on the link and it just brought me to a Facebook page with directions about sending message...Not a message widow at you address.  So the link was not helpful.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any confusion. Rather than a Private Message, please send us a Private Note through this platform, where we can further assist.

*Anna

0 Likes
CrazyBeautiful3L
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m currently dealing with the same issue!!! I returned my phone in April 2022 and they “claimed” they never received it.  They STOLE $500 from my bank account and I just found out they’ve been charging me an extra $25 a month instead of giving me the trade-in credit.  I keep getting the run around. And it’s ridiculous! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrazyBeautiful3L,

Ensuring that you get your correct promotion is crucial. We are here to help and are sending a Private Note.

-Colin

0 Likes
help38
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going through the same exact issue with Verizon. All the way back to October 2022,

How can a company so big not be able to fix an issue like this.

Tags (1)
help38
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been involved in a 6 Month nightmare with Verizon.  We traded in our 10S phones to get the 14 pro and were supposed to receive promo credit of 22.22 for each phone toward our bill.  They applied it for the first moth and then removed it because they claimed they did not receive our trade in.  After we proved they did receive them, and after they sent texts confirming receipt of the trade in phones verbally on several occasions they still refuse to add the credit back to our bill.  I have to call EVERY month (sometimes several times a moth) to have them apply the credit manually.  this takes my personal time and has added unnecessary stress because of something that never should have happened.   They falsely claimed that they did not receive the phones, are in breach of contract because they have not applied the promo credit after it was proven they are in possession of the phones, and continue to over charge me each month.   EVERY time I call I am assured that the issue has been resolved, and EVERY time I have been disappointed.  Verizon is either unwilling or unable to resolve this issue to date.  I have been told that customer service representatives would  follow up with calls...They have not.  I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told someone would call me...They did not.  I called to be transferred to the legal department and the call dropped so I received a text saying someone would call me back.  no one has called.  I don't know what else to do to resolve the problem outside of getting outside legal advise.  At this point I no longer want to do business with Verizon.  I want them to give me the remaining value of our trade in devices, take their phones and move to another provider.  I have lost all trust and confidence in the company.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, wow! We are stunned to read about your recent Verizon experience. We know the importance of managing your account, especially when you are missing promotional credits. Verizon is here to help. We sent a Private Note. Please review at your best convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
dococ23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going through the same thing right now, this is ridiculous!! Verizon's customer service is horrible!