Verizon Violating Terms of Renewal
tisyta

On January 4 I renewed a two year contract with Verizon Fios online for the stated price of 146.95 (which includes taxes and fees) and would continue complimentary HBO and Showtime (which I had prior to contract renewal). I was assured twice by the online agent that I would continue to have HBO and Showtime for free even though it was not displayed on the channel package I had chosen. On January 5, my HBO and Showtime were discontinued. I followed up via internet and was assured they would look into the situation and I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. I was not. Today, I called Verizon Fios and was informed that I will now be contacted in 7 days after an investigation. Verizon refuses to reinstate any channels without charging me extra. This is a breech of contract by Verizon as they agreed to give me HBO and Showtime in addition to my current channel package with the price of 146.95, which I am currently paying.

I have a photo of the conversation for the renewal, which no Verizon agent is interested in. The agent states "I see that those channels were included as complementary it wouldnt show on your monthly estimated bill but please be assured we have not removed those channels." I also agreed to renew the contract with the following statement: "OK, as long as I keep the HBO and Showtime with this package, I would like to proceed." And the agent had me continue.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. I am hoping Verizon can resolve this promptly and honor their end of the deal. I am both a FIOS and wireless customer of Verizon for multiple years, and this is easily the worst experience I have had as a customer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Violating Terms of Renewal
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tisyta,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes