Verizon at it again..
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

So through my employer I am eligible for a Verizon's Connections discount.  I go through all the motions, get a notice that due to my services(???)  , I have to call a number and give a code, do that, then the lady tells me they can't apply the discount because there is some billing issue.   She transfers me to billing.  Billing says there is NO issue,  asks her supervisor who says, "We only give that discount to Verizon employees."   I tell her, not true..  How do you think I got here???  Read her the info on the work computer... sends me to technical who, after I explain the issue and she checks to make sure my employer IS in fact on the list of those eligible for this discount,  supposedly "generates" a new code to try...Same code I already was given and tried.... So her answer is to say, "I don't know.  There is no one here who can resolve this issue because we are not obligated to make sure Non-Verizon Employees get any discount."    "Not even one advertised?  Not even one agreed upon by a company and Verizon?"   "No.  We are only obligated to Verizon Employees and Retirees."     

?????  What is that about, Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon at it again..
Hubrisnxs
Legend

From what I remember, you can only sign up for corporate discounts online.  Did you try or start this at www.verizon.com/connections

The over the phone employee's aren't set up for (or I don't remember them being set up for) doing discounts like that.   When I signed up for mine, I had to do it through a form I filled out that my employer had.

Is this for Verizon Landline services or Verizon Wireless Services?  Mine was for wireless.

There is an interesting note in their FAQ section  

I have questions about the program that aren’t addressed in these FAQs. Who can I contact?

Remember, these discounts are only available by registering online. Our click-to-chat representatives are available to answer questions about the Verizon Connections program, our products and current offers. You can access our click-to-chat services by visiting the Verizon Connections website and clicking on the Live Chat link in the “Check Your Eligibility” section.

Click-to-chat reps are available 8am - 8pm ET Monday through Friday and 8am - 5pm on Saturday.

SooOoOO, no over the phone support.  Click to chat is their preferred I guess.

0 Likes