Verizon likely lost this customer
JWM31

After many years of full Verizon Service, including wireless, a lack of concern or fairness in my current bundle package has likely cost Verizon this customer. 2 years ago this month I moved to a new home, Verizon closed my account at the old address and opened a new one at my new one. This started a 24 month agreement anew and a bundle price (Base cost $94.) with my service options costing 153$ monthly. It included a 24 month promotional bundle discount, the one they offer everyone to renew. Since then I have been out of the area for a few months and placed the service on "vacation" hold. Yesterday I received the monthly bill with a 55$ increase (Base cost $149. up 27%). I called customer service and was told the 24 month discount was 24 consecutive calendar months, but my plan was for 24 months of service, so my promotion ran out, but my contract was extended several months due to my "vacation hold" time. This is a sham, either you treat both times the same, or as you have done, you seize the opportunity to stick it to your customer while you can, then hope you can save him come renewal time. Unfortunately the customer service agent, nor the supervisor felt this was fair, but both indicated they were powerless to do anything to make it right. This company attitude is typical of many companies that are happy screwing customers when the opportunity presents, my mistake was thinking Verizon valued my nearly $4000 annual support for the last 15 years or longer. True, they won't miss me, but perhaps others will read this and consider them accordingly. I am not military, but my first thought when this occurred was how many of our military members who are verizon customers, placed their service on hold while deployed and get caught in the same trap?

John {edited for privacy}

Chesapeake, VA

0 Likes
Re: Verizon likely lost this customer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JWM3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes