Verizon not honoring Fios quoted and billed contract price after 2 months.
Runngunnin

As a former employee of Verizon for 15 years, I have nothing poor to say about the services they offer or my prior experiences as a customer while employed there. After deciding to move on from Verizon, I naturally lost my employee discount on my triple play service. I've been a fios customer for nearly 10 years and because my service was discounted, I never explored any options to reduce the cost of my service.

My September Verizon bill was my first without my prior employee discount (which was much higher because I was retroactively charged back to August for the loss of my discount).  After the sticker shock subsided some, I worked with my girlfriend to come up with a more reasonably priced lineup of services for our home. I called Verizon and began the process of altering our service to reflect our decided upon changes. The rep that I spoke with was very cordial and spent time listening to why I was altering my service and suggested that he could work up a new triple play price. We discussed the options and settled upon the exact same service I had prior to calling to make changes. The new price was $135/mo for a 2 year contract. I was a little upset that as an employee, I was paying $180 for these same services and chastised myself for not calling throughout my tenure to re-evaluate my options. I questioned whether the rep had the quote correct and he assured me that it was and I would receive an initial email with the services and their estimated cost, then I would receive an order confirmation email completing the agreement. I agreed to the terms and performed the recorded verbal agreement with rep and phone system. Afterwards, sure enough, I received a confirmation email with the correct services and the agreed upon price of $135/mo for 2 years, just as the rep said.

When I received the October bill, it was incorrect. All of my services were correct, but the amounts did not match the confirmation email or the price I negotiated with the sales rep. It was nearly $100 higher per month. I placed a call to Verizon and spoke with yet another cordial and empathetic rep. He seemed confused about the price, but after I mentioned the emails I received, he said that was what was listed in the email that he saw also. He discussed the situation with his supervisor over a 10 minute or so period and apologized for the inconvenience when he returned. He specified that he was unsure how the original rep got the price, but that they would honor the price of the contract. He adjusted my October bill and assured me it would be correct for the remainder of the contract.

I checked my November bill and to my surprise, it was still the elevated price of $220/mo. I placed a call to Verizon and spoke with another courteous rep. She researched my account and could see that there were the discrepancies I mentioned between the price I negotiated with the original sales rep and the bill amount, as well as seeing the confirmation email substantiating my story. After speaking with her supervisor, she was unable to get permission to reduce it to the negotiated price and I was informed that it would be this price for the remainder of the contract. I thanked her for her assistance and asked to passed on to her supervisor. This gentleman was NOT rude, but did in fact try to make it seem like I was trying to get over on Verizon with this price. I stated that I simply wanted Verizon to honor the negotiated contract terms...and that the supervisor from my October call already agreed to honor it onwards. He offered me a no early termination fee out of my contract (which is confusing to me because he was telling me they refuse to honor their terms of the contract) or I have to pay the bill and the new monthly rate for the remainder of my contract. I thanked him for his time and said I would evaluate all my options and call back prior to my bill due date in December with my decision.

As a 15 year former employee and nearly 10 year Fios customer who is really thrilled with his service, I'm extremely disappointed that Verizon would initially agree to honor the terms of our contract after being questioned about a change in price and then rescind a second agreement to honor those terms. I'd like to complete the terms and length of my contract I negotiated with Verizon and am willing to contact any and all entities that could help me with this.

Has anyone out there had any resolution with a similar issue???

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring Fios quoted and billed contract price after 2 months.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes