Verizon reported me to credit agencies even they didn't send me final bill on my request
malithperera

I was a VZ customer for a long time and first few to get FIOS in Staten Island, NY area. in 2013 I moved out of VZ area. I forwarded my mail to new address and never got my final bill from VZ. I lost my online access as I closed the account.

However in the meantime I got a call from a collection agency about the VZ charges. I never deal with collection agencies because anyone can get a copy of my bill or identity can act as a collecton agency and ask for money. I told the agency that I never got the final bill asked them to send it to me and gave my new address. Until today I didn't get any bill from VZ.

However I got reported to credit agencies by Verizon for late payments and and for collections. I have excellent credit (760+ even with collection). I called Verizon as soon as I see the enrty in the credit report. The person who talked to said that he will remove it once I made the payment. Therefore I made the payment but when I contact VZ for the update I was told that they will not remove it but update. I told then that I was told that it will be deleted but the rep said it's not the company policy.

Also VZ reported my payment history from 2009 on 2013. I don't think they can do it. I think I saw that VZ astarted doing that from 2013 but I didn't have an agreement then so they cannot do it.

I called VZ and the rep told me that I shouldn't have paid if I had any doubts. They keep repeating the same thing over an over but never address that they didn't send my final bill on my request in Aug 2013.

I said I want to talk to a supervisor and they said supervisors are busy and will call me back. I'm yet to revceive a call from a supervisor.

They cannot do this to people while it's them who is partially responsible.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported me to credit agencies even they didn't send me final bill on my request
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi malithperera,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes