Re: Verizon reported me to credit report
AMWilton

Well, I have spoken to the billing department, and I gave them my social security number.  They said that they had absolutely nothing on file under my name about outstanding accounts, so there was nothing they could do.

Yet, when I applied for a credit card last month, they said there was something about Verizon on my credit check.

So I am at a loss as to what to do and where to go now.  Please help?

0 Likes
spineman
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't help you.  They will refuse to even talk to you about removing it from your credit.

Bad corporation

spineman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
kevansdc
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about referring us to a US representative that can solve our problems?

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Simple enough.  Ask for a letter in writing that nothing is due and foward a copy to the Three Credit Reporting companies.

Jeff310
Enthusiast - Level 1
Back in 1999 I paid a "final" bill to Verizon for 118$. Actually paid it at least twice because of their collection department disputing I had paid this.
After 14 years it still shows up on my credit report as delinquent.
Imagine a 56 year old delinquent.
Do you wonder why I have not been a Verizon customer since?
Neil01742
Enthusiast - Level 1

This standard advice has not worked in my experience with an erroneous Verizon negative credit report.

After initiating 3 disputes and having the negative information reappear on my credit report 30 or 45 days later, I escalated at Experian.  (I was paying then $9/mo for their service and was able to escalate to get a credible answer).

From Experian:  This vendor (Verizon-Weldon Spring, MO) has a policy of re-entering any disputed credit remarks.  The fact that Verizon is not able to provide a consumer with any information or evidence about this phantom account is of not concern to Experian.  They actually closed the call by assuring me that the negative account could only appear for 7 years.

Beyond offering the basic ability to dispute or comment on a negative account, Experian offers no real ability to mediate a dispute between consumer and reporting vendor.   Consider that when valuing their "premium" consumer-targeted offerings.

Neil

0 Likes
Desperately sad bec can't get anyone at verizon to help me... credit report
hrhee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so sad.. just getting the run around from verizon.  There's a bill on my credit report, i called number on there 800 852 1922.  9 of 10 times i called them the recording said "national payment center",... but there was ONE time the recording said "national recovery center".. then it hung up.. imagine that!  Then No one at verizon can transfer me to the national recovery dept... imagine that...

run around and around and aroundandaroundandaround.... thanks verizon

Re: Desperately sad bec can't get anyone at verizon to help me... credit report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello hrhee

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Desperately sad bec can't get anyone at verizon to help me... credit report
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your private support case.
If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes