Verizon reported me to credit report
brguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope someone here can help me, since I cannot find someone to help me on the phone.

Yesterday I was checking my credit report and I saw that verizon place a report to my account for collection, for an account I close in January 2010.

I called Verizon and they told me that they had a balance due on my account after they sent me a final bill. But after I paid my final bill I have never recieved any bill in the mail, email or even got a collection letter. The costomer service woman on the phone told me to make a payment and after they process they payment I could contact Verizon credit so they could adjust it for me.

I called Verizon credit and they said that they could not do anything to help me and that I had to call IC System, their collection agency.

I called IC System and they were nice but they said that I had to pay them the amount due, and not Verizon. Also they told me that they cannot remove anything from the credit report and I have to contact Verizon.

So I hope someone here from Verizon can help me clear this problem since I have never recieved a collection letter and the only reason I closed my account was because I moved to a new location where they do not have service. I would really like to have this resolved ASAP since I'm in the process of purchasing a new home and this had really lowered my credit score.

Thank you.

180 Replies
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

brguy, I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
uncle2

In may 2012 I canceled My Verizio home serve I use my cellphone for all my calls . I payed off my bill I then received a default   letter I called and was told I owe more money . after some research I determined that the bill was for my wireless account witch I pay using on line banking .they never sent my cell service bill to my checking on line witch is how I payed all my bills As soon as I was notified a problem insisted I payed the full amount I now have a negative entry on my credit report Can you please help thank you Frank

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi uncle,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. If the billing issue involves Verizon Residential Service, please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  If the issue is with Verizon Wireless you will need to contact their customer support.

0 Likes
downtheroad77

Help Please

In 2012 I had Verizon FIOS for about 45 days and put my house up for sale.  I called to close the account and asked if was paid in full.  I had an overage and Verizon sent me a check for $7.86 on 5/28/2012 as a refund.  Check number {edited for privacy}.  I still have it and never cashed it.

In August of 2012 they apparently billed me 150.00+ charge for early termination.  I was never told of this fee and when I closed the account I was even given a refund as noted above.  I sold my house and moved from Texas to Oklahoma and closed my bank account.  I never got any mail for this charge.  

Finally in early November of 2012 I got a bill at my new address and promptly paid the amount.  I have never been able to get this off my credit record.  That includes disputing it with the 3 credit agencies.  I called verizon and the number on the bill and talked to people and they wouldn't remove it due to it being paid in November.

They said I was billed and paid it 60 days late.  I never knew about it due to logistics.  They told me I owed nothing when I closed in May of 2012 and even sent me a refund check.

Please help me get this off my record.  

Thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi downtheroad77,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

downtheroad77,

As we have not had contact with you despite multiple requests we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have additional questions please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
annihair42

This has happened to me as well. Can someone please call me to fix this problem. 

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello annihair42,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
Telen
Enthusiast - Level 2

First thing is dispute the report right away!

In Md you can get all three for free once a year!

With in each one you can depute it online. They (Verizon) have 30 days to prove it to the credit agency's

Its my believe they lie but what I know at least you can get the reason put in your file.

The mortgage people will go through the report more a credit card company when getting credit, and see this.

We know Verizon and Collection people are always right! They  will over look that in most cases,

Been there done that! In my case it was a gas card from a big oil firm.

They new right away to blow that negative rating out of the picture! I had proof, The mortgage Leander laugh it off did not even care to see it,  they took my word for it.

One more thing if they denied the claim, you still have a right to put a note in your own words what happened.

My Rate is 2.1% for the skeptics who disagree

GL!

0 Likes
artwar

I am having a similiar problem.  I paid my bill back in June 2011 for $156.32 check number 5981 to Verizon  I then got afnicollections contacting me, I paid them the $49.99, in full back in Feb 2012.  I recently got another collection notice from Afnicollections with another account number for $151.08.  this has become a nightmare for me.  I called Afnicollections and said that I haven't had an account with Verizon for over a year and a half, that I paid Verixon in full, paid them in full, and yet still keep getting collection notices and adverse annotations on my credit score.  Verizon told me to work it out with the collection agency after I said I could produce a cancelled check fo the amount they billed me.  When I called Afnicollections, they told me to call Verizon.  This is the worst case of a dog chasing its tail.  I don't know how to fix it either.  I contacted the three credit bureaus with cancelled checks and disputes and they told me to contact Verizon.

If anyone knows how to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Sincerely,

Cheryl

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
deltat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having most of all the same issues as above posters.

I Paid what I though was a final bill after relocation.

I have been a very long time Verizon loyal customer and I still am. Your service in my new area is still the best over the competion.

All credit bureaus have been reported to.

I do not appreciate being strong armed or almost black mailed to pay this past frivolous  bill

I am willing to pay this small amount claimed to be owed on a final billing but I need proof, in writing, it will go off the credit reports

So I am willing to pay for delete.

Please put me in contact with the proper person in your organization that has the authority to make this decision.

Thank you,

deltat

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

deltat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.

I hope this post can help Verizon and all loyal Verizon customers in the same situational circumstances.

It appears some things in a large organization can fall through the cracks without anyone noticing.

Business reputation and word of mouth certainly is still the best old fashioned way to conduct solid business practice.

Please email me a correct course of action and contact person that has the proper authority to negotiate.

Thank you,

deltat

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Deltat, this is a peer to peer support forum. It is users helping other users. Neither the members nor the moderators would have access to internal Verizon information such as contact names and/or addresses. You need to contact Verizon directly through the page I referred you to.

0 Likes
darin108
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similiar problem with Verizon with having my account turned over to collections and have heard nightmare stories from countless other people.  I moved from my home in April 2011, had all of my mail forwarded to my new home which I just purchased.  The only mail that was not forwarded to my new home was my Verizon bill.  I had no Idea that I owed them money until this year I tried to refiance both my rental property and my primary mortgage and there was the collection.  I called and try to get help regarding this collection and I was treated like a criminal and sent to their collection agency.  The sad thing is I have been a customer for 11 years at my other home for land lines and they have been my cell phone provider since 2008 with I pay 265.00 a month for.  Verizon is will to ruin a relationship for 158.00 and put you in collection to harm you finacially.  I have two 30 day lates from back in 2008 on my credit report and this collection and the collection caused me not to get the best rates.  My contract expired with my cell phones and will be leaving verizon.  They show no loyalty to what makes them "Their Customers".  I will make sure I will tell everyone not to do business with Verizon.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi darin108,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
darin108
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did what you said and have not heard back

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Darin,

We've closed your private support thread for the time being since we have yet to hear back from you for quite awhile. If you need further support, please reply here and we'll continue again.

Thank you for your time,

Art

0 Likes
AMWilton

I am in a similar situation as those mentioned here.  I have gone to my forum profile, but there is no section entitled "My Private Support Cases".  Please help advise on what I can do next.

0 Likes