Re: Verizon reported me to credit report
msevans1974

I am not a current customer of Verizon, but have a $41 past due amount,  from 4 years ago, that has been reported to the credit bureaus. $41!! How do I get this rectified?

0 Likes
LGopala

We renovated our home so we had two residences.  Once they installed our new FiosTV service at our new home Verizon cut off the service to our rental apartment.  We work from our home so losing all our service was quite serious.  My husband was home at the time.  He then called and had to restate the service in his name.  Customer service however did not reinstate the correct plan that included international calling.  When our phone charges got too high without a calling plan in place they cut off our service again.  By this time our new home that we could not move into for about another month had active service.  Our entire block was newly wired for FiosTV.  We had our home wired by Verizon during the remodel.  I then called to restate our phone service again in our apartment in my name and requested credit for the over biliing on the account in my husbands name.  When they actived the service in the apartment in my name Verizon cut off the service in our newly renovated home.  I had to call to explain we have two home temporarily until we are cleared to move back in our home from the apartment.  They then actived the service to our new home.  I was a nightmare talking to a new customer service agent every time I called to fix the problem.  Then a customer service agent told me when you open a new account they charged you a month in advance for services.  So the bills for four accounts were overstated and I waited for the credit to be processed as they sorted out the mess.  No credit as issued..  I called several times to get clarity.  In the meantime they sent my account to collections. In frustration I paid all the accounts.  To this day even though I remain a customer of Verizon I have this ugly comment by them on my credit report.  This is insult to injury.   I only just discovered this comment on my credit report.  I was so upset that I dropped my cable service.  I need phone and internet so I am still a consumer.   Overall very disapointing.  They hurt my credit report very badly with their comments.  

0 Likes
ashram

I have the same situation as brguy. I moved and closed the account. I even called to make sure my balance was $0. Turned out they didn't include the early termination fee when he says that my account is cleared.  For almost one year,  I never got a mail from verizon and the collection agency. They have my cell phone number and my email, and I signed up for paperless billing when I had the account and yet I did not receive anything.  I didn't find out about this until I checked my credits and all three bureaus now shows I'm in collection!  Experian says that they need a letter from Verizon in order to remove the negative account. I called Verizon to ask them to remove the collection history but they won't! Can someone help me?   

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ashram,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ashram,

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
Esachilena1

I had a bill sent to collections after I cancelled my Internet from my one-bill account which included my cell phone. I didn't realize my account was going to be sent to a new department and one-bill account was closed since I still had my cell phone service with Verizon. The bills I received through the mail were from a new department that took over my account and thought I was up to date with payments until I went online and saw I still owed through my old one-bill account. I made a payment as soon as I realized I still had a balance then I got a refund from Verizon for the same amount so I thought I was paid up. No clue why this was sent to collections with no warning?

My account was reported to the credit bureau and is now damaging my credit score. Who do I contact to get this removed from my credit report? I still have my cell and now once again have Internet with Verizon. I've tried calling Verizon but they tell me to contact the CA but the CA tells me only Verizon can remove this from my credit report.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi Esachilena1

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you. As such we have closed out your private support case, if you still need assistance please feel free to post on your Original post here.

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
LGopala

Still no one at Verizon has reached out to help clean up my credit report.  I have been a great customer of Verizon both at home and in my business.   I have cancel my cable TV in protest.  I will renew once my credit report is cleared up. 

0 Likes
uncle2

In may 2012 I canceled My Verizio home serve I use my cellphone for all my calls . I payed off my bill I then received a default   letter I called and was told I owe more money . after some research I determined that the bill was for my wireless account witch I pay using on line banking .they never sent my cell service bill to my checking on line witch is how I payed all my bills As soon as I was notified a problem insisted I payed the full amount I now have a negative entry on my credit report Can you please help thank you Frank

0 Likes