Verizon took my iPhone 12 and charged over $650
Nikela
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have been a Verizon customer for over 8 years and have never had a problem.

At the end of November 2022, I decided to use the Verizon program - 50% paid RETURN and UPGRADE early and ordered a new iPhone 14. 

When I received my new device I packed the old device (iPhone 12 in excellent condition) in the same box according to the instructions and sent to Verizon's Return department.

The tracking number is {edited for privacy}

The package was Delivered on December 07 9:48 A.M. FORT WORTH, TX

At the end of December  2022 I received a notification that my bill for the last month will be $870, they added a reminded balance 50% ($652) to my regular bill. So Verizon took my iPhone 12 and charged a full price for it.

Next, I spent hours of my time chatting with Verizon support, always different agents. The result of this was  ticket escalation with Supervisor, this message I received from agent Anne on Jan 6:

"There will be no ticket number since this is a direct ticket escalation on my Supervisor, rest assured that it will be investigated within 7-10 business days. Moreover, as an added resolution, you can rest assured that I have fully documented your account to make sure everything is accounted for. Here is also the chat ID {edited for privacy} and you can take a screenshot of this conversation as your reference too."

My bill still has not changed and is unpaid, today customer support told me they don't see anything about my problem in the record.

It's a joke? What is going on? What service do you provide to your loyal customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon took my iPhone 12 and charged over $650
Nikela
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to thank Christine from the support service here, who contacted me and solved my problem in 10 minutes.

This is especially valuable because I spent over 10 hours communicating with the support service through my account on the Verizon website and received only lies.

Thank you again!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nikela, we understand the importance of managing your account the best way possible and are sorry to hear you have been having issues with the early upgrade. Please respond to the Private Note, so we can pull up some additional details. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
Nikela
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to thank Christine from the support service here, who contacted me and solved my problem in 10 minutes.

This is especially valuable because I spent over 10 hours communicating with the support service through my account on the Verizon website and received only lies.

Thank you again!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate that update! It's always great to hear that you received the assistance you deserve. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes