Where Can I File a Formal Complaint With Verizon?
winniedpooh211
Enthusiast - Level 1

In August of 2011 I had attempted to move my high speed internet service from my old residence to my new residence, however Verizon canceled the order stating that they did not provide that specific service to the area I was moving to. I then called Verizon and put in a request to have the service disconnected all together as I was moving fairly soon.

A month later I received an email from Verizon stating that I owed $61.21. I called Verizon and fussed at them because it was apparent they did not disconnect my service as I had requested a month prior. The service was disconnect and I was promised a credit of services from the time the service should have been disconnected. Verizon followed up by sending the following email:

I was under the impression that this matter was taken care of. However, I called to make changes on my existing Verizon account and was informed that the account old account had a past due balance that was sent to collections. I explained that this was a mistake because the account was supposed to be closed out completely and there should have been a credit. I was then informed I had to take it up with the collection agency.

I contacted the collection agency and explained to them the issue and informed them I had an email from Verizon. The collection agency looked at the account information they had on file from Verizon and stated that they saw the credit applied to my account and see a balance of approximately $8. The agent said she was filing dispute papers as I faxed my documentation to her. I asked her how will I be notified, who will notify me and how long would it take? She said she did not know.

I then called Verizon and got passed around from person to person no one was able to nor willing to at least let me know what to expect. I eventually asked who could I speak to to file a formal complaint with Verizon and again no help, no assistance. This has not only affected my ability to change services on my existing account but it has impaired my credit.

Though I have already filed a compliant with the FTC and BBB  I still want to sile a formal complain with Verizon. At this point I don't want to hear "I'm so sorry blah blah" I have been on the phone the whole day hearing that. All I would like is an email address, a name and address of where and who I can send a formal complaint to. Thank you.