Why is it so hard to get a code for my $50.00 self install promotional merchant card!!!!!
madbaker1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive called the customer service three times and got six different answers ... the last lady sent me the  emails that were sent to me before .... none sent me to a link that she so described....all i want is my card or ecard number so i can get it.... im so tired and so disappointed in the system ...it almost like its so unorganized  that there is no answer....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 Replies
SueB12341

We signed up for FIOS in June 2014 and never got the $50 card we were promised. I can't find anywhere on the Verizon site, except here, that mentions this and can't email or send a chat about it so I'm asking here: WHERE IS THE CARD we were contractually promised when my husband set up the system himself??

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Bmzgallery
I signed up for service on 4/22, did the self install but have not received my $75 gift card. Will it be mailed to me?
0 Likes
chardotcom

On the 6-7 time I called I got a new answer to the same issue I was having.  Everytime previously they said that they would resend the email with the Amazon Card code.  I even had them change the email address to another one just to make sure it wasn't gmail's fauly (LOL).  This last call they said that I would be receiving an email in 1-7 days from a specific person at Parago with my code / reward information included.  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
CarboniPhones

I Too did the self install and was promised a 50$ gift card for doing so. when i intially did the purchase order in the email at the bottom was again another advertisement claiming i was qualified for the 50$ giftcard and i would receive within 3-5 days of receiving the sef install kit. it has now been 2 months and NOTHING. i have had fios for 6+ years never late or anything when i moved i had to resetup the service and upon doing so i was promised a 300$ visa card and a 50$ self install gift card. the 90 days have not occurred yet for the 300$ gift card to be considered late, but the Self-Install GiftCard is nowhere to be found. i  am extremely frustrated and have called so many times it has made my head spin every rep i speak with has a different answer and a different reason why i dont have the card yet and to be Honest i KNow it is all **bleep**. if someone could please help me from this forum it would be greatly apreciated since i have tried everything else to get this card. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THEY KNOW WHATS GOING ON!

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Carboniphones,

We haven't heard from you despite multiple requests for more information on your situation. As such we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance or have additional questions about the account. Please make a new post and we'll be happy to help.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello CarboiPhones

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
meldom1224
Enthusiast - Level 2
Where is my self installation gift?????/
0 Likes
meldom1224
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok glad I'm not the only one..

.i call and call but first no one knows what I'm talking about then they sent the email WHEN well I need another one this is a joke....everyone said get fios...wish now I waited HELP NOW VERIZON..
U send email for money

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello meldom1224,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the public thread. If you still need help with the gift card or ever need help with anything else let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi meldom1224,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
nursebeth1

YOu're not alone, I haven't gotten mine either. I think it was just a promotional rip off.

0 Likes
Murda88

I am having this same problem now and I am furious with verizon. The only reason i got the triple play packages and did the self install was due to the face I would received 2 $50 gift cards on top of the $200 visa gift card. It's been 2 months and while I thought it might just be a problem with my email, however i go on line and see numerous people  complaining about the same thing. This is highly unprofessional and after waiting 2 months. I have had it.  If this issue isn't resolved soon, i will be contacting the BBB. Why can't they fulfill a simple promise they made to the customer instead of leading usaround in circles. I've been told several different things by several different customer services reps and I will no longer deal with it. I am going to contact the consumer fraud association and the BBB.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Murda88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
cafox24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told I would receive email for card choice and delivery on 6/22. I didn't and made a call on 7/15 to ask about the situation. I was told it would be 1-7 days before email. I called again on 7/30 after no email. I talked to 7 different people in all sorts of departments and no one seems to know what's going on. I talked to rebates department, promotions department, self-install department, customer service department, and rewards department. Martha in Promotion Department told me the "Offline" Department handles this and they had been sent an email to take care of on 6/25. Johnny in "Rebates Department" said they take care of the email, but had no information on me needing a rebate. Eric in Customer Care told me I need to sign up for FIOS Friends before I could receive the email, and Martha Said I use the email to sign up for FIOS Friends. Have talked to 9 total people now over 30 days and have nothing to show for it. For a multi-billion dollar company you would think their CRM software would be elite. I guess not.

prerna

Looks like i am in the same boat. Had my self install done on 8/29 and was told i would get  the 50$ rebate in 3-5 business days. And i have been calling daily since . One day i was trasnferred 4 times and had to explain the case to each of the 4 people , ended up spending a good 3 hours with verizon support. surely the most i have spent from a time perspective on a 50$ bill. wish verizon doesnt lose respect in my eyes for such petty reasons. 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello prema,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with this matter or ever need help with anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi prerna,

0 Likes
imkoyichun

I self-installed mine on August 6th and got nothing so far. I've sent a couple emails to the customer service and they always replied with irrelevent answers. Where's my $50 GC? Verizon, please respect your customers and keep your promises.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You would need to check with Verizon to see if there is a timeframe for receiving your card. Depending on the promotion, this can be as much as 90 days.

0 Likes