charged taxes in two states
28Martini
Enthusiast - Level 1

on a recent trip to Arizona from Washington we upgraded our phones (4) and signed up for three new watch lines. Our home is in Washington and Washington is the address on the billing. ALL lines are now being taxed in both Washington and Arizona. Verizon customer service is unable to provide any explanation other than we bought the phones in Arizona. Anyone else have this issue?  convoluted copy and paste below 

Surcharges $4.41 Scottsdale Trans Priv Surchg $0.15 Maricopa Cnty Trans Priv Surch $0.06 AZ Trans Priv Surchg $0.47 Fed Universal Service Charge $0.34 Regulatory Charge $0.09 Admin & Telco Recovery Charge $3.30 Taxes & gov fees $1.96 WA State 911 Fee $0.25 WA State 988 Tax $0.40 King Cnty 911 Surchg $0.70 WA State Sales Tax-Telecom $0.28

Labels (1)
Re: charged taxes in two states
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you out with this concern in regard to the taxes you are being charged on your account. Please send us a private note so that we can get started.  ~Peter

0 Likes
28Martini
Enthusiast - Level 1

Peter

Thanks for the reply... how do I send a private note?

Martin

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 28Martini,

To send a private note, click the username and then click "send message".  Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.08.57 AM.png

0 Likes
AAquino2714
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, do you know if this was ever resolved? I contacted customer service, and they said they would also fix the issue. We live in a Tri-State area where three states are within 5 minutes of each other. So, when we upgraded to a different store than normal, we got charged SD Sales tax and Iowa Taxes! A different line is paying Nebraska Tax! Could you tell me what is up with this????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to clear up any billing concerns, AAquino2714. We'll be sending a Private Note to better assist.

~Izzy

0 Likes
Azsteve7

I have the same problem with Arizona and Minnesota 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to make sure you are being billed correctly, and we are here to help. To better assist you, we will be sending you a private note.

~Freddy

0 Likes
mbpenny93

I’ve had this same issue for a year and a half now. Verizon somehow managed to fix it for one of my lines last spring (2022) when I first caught the issue, but the problem has persisted since for my other line despite repeated calls to customer service over a 6-month period. They’ve been incredibly frustrating to deal with and have wasted a significant amount of my time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mbpenny93. We will send you a private message to review your account. -Joe

0 Likes