Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

Google Chrome is supported....I just cleared ALL my browser history and cache from 4 weeks ago....Logged into myverizon website like a charm...

I am using Google Chrome 17.0.942.0 dev-m

Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
Laxmom5
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't work with Chrome 16.0, which is what I have now.. Just within the last week or so.  any ideas?

PS Thanks for the info as I got nowhere any other way.

0 Likes
Laxmom5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that tip.  Worked out perfectly.  Yay for the community!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Laxmom wrote:

It doesn't work with Chrome 16.0, which is what I have now.. Just within the last week or so.  any ideas?

PS Thanks for the info as I got nowhere any other way.

I just started up Chrome 16.0.912.63 and was able to log into MyVerizon just fine. Here is the URL I used:

https://www22.verizon.com/Foryourhome/MyAccount/Unprotected/UserManagement/Login/Login.aspx

Is this what you are using? If not, does the above work for you in Chrome?

One possibility is that some add-on that you have installed or updated in the last week is causing the problem. Have you tried starting Chrome without any add-ons to see if you can access MyVerizon then?

That is all I can think of right now. As I said, works fine for me.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I use this login I get the "not supported method"

https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Signin.aspx

-Ken

0 Likes
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had just started a new thread... I pasted the contents of that below. I should have looked around first. Smiley Wink

The problem also exists in Firefox, as you can see here. The problems seem to be related to the signin.verizon.com session cookie, which is not cleared between sessions or when logging out. It's presence is definitely preventing me from logging in, as if I manually delete that cookie I will then be able to log in right away with no problems. If you are someone testing this, please be sure to try logging out and then logging back in. Logging in the first time is no problem.

Another workaround that has helped me is to press CTRL+SHIFT+N to open an Incognito window, then I just log in and use My Verizon in there. Easier than clearing cookies, and better than using Internet Explorer IMO. Keep in mind that disabling all of my extensions in Chrome and add-ons in Firefox had no effect.

You can see what this looks like here:

The problem also affects other areas of the site, such as when trying to log in to the upgrade center.

traveler57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just for the record, I have version 16.0.912.63 of Google Chrome ( latest version as of today) and still gives me the "not supported method" error when I try to login.     when I use FireFox, it works fine.   So is Verizon searching for a solution for this error, or is everyone assuming that "it works fine?"   thanks

th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

traveler, did you only log in with Firefox once, or did you log in, log out, and then try logging in again? First logins work fine, the problem is when you try to log in a second time or any time after that for me.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@th3rtythr33 wrote:

traveler, did you only log in with Firefox once, or did you log in, log out, and then try logging in again? First logins work fine, the problem is when you try to log in a second time or any time after that for me.

Not true for me. I can log in and out over and over using Firefox and it continues to work just fine.

Keller, TX 76248under Firefox.

th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a complete uninstall and fresh install of Mozilla Firefox (whatever the latest stable non-beta/alpha version is) on my desktop and it solved the problem in Firefox for me. I suspect that it is a setting which was being carried over from a previous Firefox version. I also found this thread, in which someone suggests the developers may be aware of this and trying to find a solution already: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=126522d6d3ccb9dd&hl=en

0 Likes