redeeming Verizon wireless gift card against ONE-BILL account
sfny76

I recently traded in my old phone and received a verizon wireless gift card for $210. Since I have FIOS as well as Verizon Wireless, and one-bill, I can't seem to apply this card to my bill on the Verizon Wireless site. How do I apply this card to my bill?

0 Likes
Re: redeeming Verizon wireless gift card against ONE-BILL account
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You would need to speak to someone in Verizon billing.

0 Likes
sfny76

Unfortunately I've already done that, they told me they couldn't do it, I would have to do it via the My Verizon website. However, there is no option to do that in the web interface that I can see, and I don't understand why a billing rep would have less capability with their tools than a customer-facing tool. 

0 Likes
DougFranz

I  have the same problem.  Did you ever resolve this?

Thanks.

-Doug

0 Likes
sjv1027

I have the same problem.  Two verizon agents told me I could not use my card because I have a one bill account.

I find this to be a very shady business practice.  I would not have returned my phone to verizon

if I could not pay my bill with the gilft card AS ADVERTISED.  I have no interest in buying any

verizon products.  Did you find any other options?  The agent on the phone told me that I could try going

into a verizon wireless store to pay the mobile part of my bill.  But, I am not sure they knew what they were

talking about.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe it has always said that the reward cards can't be used for a couple of things, paying verizon bills (FIOS or Wireless) being one of them.  Just use them somewhere else.

0 Likes
BBlacklow

First, let's disprove the idea that you can't use your card to pay your bill.  

The opposite is true.  In fact, it explicitely says you CAN use your Verizon Card to pay your bill.  For example, go to https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.php5?c=en-us and click on the fourth FAQ.  It says:

"You can use your Virtual Gift Card at any Verizon Wireless owned and operated retail location or online at www.verizonwireless.com to:

• Purchase accessories.
  • Purchase a new device.
  • Pay your Verizon Wireless bill - Simply sign into you're my Verizon account and select the pay bill option"

To pay your One Bill with your virtual Verizon Gift, you must call Verizon and ask to be transferred to a "Verizon One Bill Wireless Representative."  Yes, apparently One Bill has it's own department!

From there the rep can apply it to your account.

It needs to be said that, regardless of whether or not Verizon intended it thusly, that this seems like an effort by Verizon to get you to spend your card on Verizon items in store by intentionally making it frustrating to apply to the bill.  I would encourage Verizon to just add an option on the My Verizon page to pay by Verizon Wireless gift card.  This would immediately solve the problem of One Bill customers not being able to easily apply their gift card to their Verizon account, while simultaneously avoiding the perception that Verizon is engaging in shady business practices.

0 Likes
DFGalletta
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're now at the end of March, and the site still does not allow application of gift cards. So I'm on hold with Verizon's 611 service, on a Saturday just after noon, and was told there was a zero minute wait. Ten minutes later someone finally answered and transferred me elsewhere. So I'm on hold again. They obviously want to deter us from redeeming these gift cards. A relative advised me to just trade in the phone at a verizon store, and I should have listened.

However, after 20 minutes total, it's solved. The representative did a great job. Gift card applied. I didn't count a half hour trying to remove my cookies so I could try to log in without some strange error message telling me I had to download an app of some kind.

It would have been easier just doing it on line.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again redeem them somewhere else.

Some say its allowed for paying verizon, but an old one I have, and used,  says no.

0 Likes
ReverseLogic

After spending an hour on the phone I started Googling for help applying the electronic gift card to my One-Bill account. Fortunately the search found this post from BBlacklow. The advice to ask for a "Verizon One Bill Wireless Representative" made all the difference. I understand that there is an "alert" to tell representatives to refer the call to a One Bill rep if you are a One Bill customer. But apparently the first six operators did not know to do that.

It took an hour and a half on the phone to finally get the gift card applied. It would have been 15 minutes if I had asked for the One Bill Wireless Representative at the beginning of the call.

I also learned something else. When you upgrade to a new iPad, you should not have to pay an activation fee for a new number. You should be able to move your cellular number from the old iPad to the new iPad. But I suspect that the salesperson at the retail store gets a bonus everytime they get a customer to pay an activation fee.

0 Likes