8330 Curve
Cooxie

I'm thinking of buying this phone from EBAY, it is new unopened. I still have more thasn a year on my current contract. Will Verizon switch and activate for me? Will they Charge activation fee? I will need to upgrade my plan with the $29.99 Package to. Will it be a new 2 yr contract? Is there a difference between the "RIM" 8330 Curve and the 8330 Curve Verizon sells? The one I'm buying is a Verizon phone. What about batteries, are the batteries all the same? Thank You

0 Likes
Re: 8330 Curve
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You can activate your new Curve with no fee if you do it online or over the phone. Verizon will add the data package on at that time. This will not affect your contract if you're buying off eBay. RIM (Research In Motion) is simply the company that makes BlackBerry, so no difference. If it's a new phone, it should have the same battery as all the other devices.

It would be wise to get the ESN (electronic serial number) from the seller before purchasing, then call Verizon to make sure it's "clean" and can be activated. If the seller refuses to provide it, that's not a good sign.

Enjoy! The 8330 is a nice, solid device.

0 Likes
Cooxie

Thank You so much for the info! Another Q ..If I activate on the [hone will my curent phone be disactivated at the same time? Will I be able to access my phone book and is there a way I can transfer my phone book myself?

Thanks Again

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

No problem. I'm happy to help.

Once you activate the new phone, your old one will be deactivated, so you'll want to back up your contacts first. Here is a link to a page on Backup Assistant. I've never used it myself, but if you have questions, maybe someone else on the forum can chime in and help.

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/backup_assistant.html

0 Likes
Cooxie

HMMMMMmmmmmm, I'm totally computer dummy..I will study the link..Thank You

0 Likes
gvbdad

Cooxie wrote:

HMMMMMmmmmmm, I'm totally computer dummy..I will study the link..Thank You

What kind of phone do you have?

If it is capable of back up assistant you will go on your phone and hit menu. then go to media center (get it now)  select browse and download (tools on the go)  get new applications then look under best sellers.  down load back up assistant and follow the on screen instructions to set it up.

that will save all your contacts online on your my verizon account.  After you get the new phone, respond to this post or private message me with your new phones model number and operating system.  go to options and about for os... number should start like this  v5..0xxxxxx

0 Likes