Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
9310 hotspot functionality
Jeffb123

Is Verizon ever going to enabled hotspot functionality on the Blackberry Curve 9310?   I got this phone on Vz instead of the 9315 on tmobile, and planned to enable the hotspot after I got everything else working on it.    The other employees at my company are able to use hotspot on the 9315 on tmobile.

I worked with VZ support for 2 days.  They even sent me a replacement phone.  The hotspot functionality on the 9310 was there on the phone, until it got activated on the Vz network.  Support seemed to try every option on the network, but couldn't get it to come back.   We tested before my phone was activated on BES, just to make sure our corporate activation wasn't blocking it. 

Hotspot functionality is in the manual for the 9310 on Vz website.   Also, vz support called RIM and RIM support said it is on the phone.

This really annoys me.   I wish I had tested this before the return policy so I could change carriers.   I will let other employees in my company know, though, since we use AT&T, TMobile and Verizon. 

0 Likes