Applications Off
Knittifer

How do I make sure all my applications are off so my battery doesn't run down?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Applications Off
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

That is a great question to ask, as open applications eat away at available memory.  From within each application, make sure you use the "close" or "exit" option to exit an application.  By default, there will be about 5 apps running in the background on all Blackberry devices.  They would be messages, phone, browser, Blackberry Messenger (if installed), and home.  To answer another part of your question, prevention of running a battery down quickly, I have a couple of things.  Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use.  Closing those two things will save a lot on battery.  Hope this helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

That is a great question to ask, as open applications eat away at available memory.  From within each application, make sure you use the "close" or "exit" option to exit an application.  By default, there will be about 5 apps running in the background on all Blackberry devices.  They would be messages, phone, browser, Blackberry Messenger (if installed), and home.  To answer another part of your question, prevention of running a battery down quickly, I have a couple of things.  Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use.  Closing those two things will save a lot on battery.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Knittifer

I'm trying to close Facebook and I can't find the log out link.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Knittifer wrote:

I'm trying to close Facebook and I can't find the log out link.

Hey,

From within the Facebook application on your device, press the Menu key (the key to the left of the trackpad).  Scroll down to Close and select that and the program should close.  Also, on my device, if you press the escape key (to the right of the trackpad) it will close the Facebook app also.  You can check which programs are running in the background by pressing and holding down the Menu key.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes