BB Curve 2=JUNK
HappyMommy

So my husband and I go into the store this past weekened to check out the phones...I'm getting tired of my bb storm keys sticking on the number pad, when i go to hit a number it comes up wtih something completely different..:smileymad:

So i asked to see the curve 2 turned on and working....This phone felt like total junk..i bet it didnt way 5 ounces with the battery ( im sur eit does but it felt like nothing)  Its like it has been recycled 10 times over with cheap plastic.  and it only has a 2mp camera.  The entire keyboard would move when i would hit a button..They were not firmly set into place..It was almost like my childs play bb that i got a the dollar tree..:smileytongue:

The rep then told me it was going to cost me 150 up front for the phone and then 100.00 mail in rebate i think..No way was actually paying money for this phone and downgrading from my storm....:smileysad:

I'm very dissappointed in the quality of the phone...It honsetly has been the worse verizon phone I have tried.    I miss my suncom/tmobile phones..i loved my sony ericsson phones...

Oh well...I just wanted to let everyone know the quality of the phone.  For only 50.00 more i could have gotten the droid...so i just dont see why the curve 2 was so expensive...:smileysurprised:

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 2=JUNK
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You made some good points and I agree with you the Droid would be a good phone for the price.  The Curve2 was designed that way on purpose to be a low-cost, low-end Blackberry.  But I agree with you on the plastic feel.  As clumsy as I am, I would drop it the first day and be out of a phone.  Anyways, thanks for sharing.  I'm sure a lot of prospective Curve2 folks would want to know these things.  BTW, I have had my Tour since August and love it.  No problems (knocking on wood).

Doc

0 Likes
Geocritter

Wow, has the curve really gone downhill that much?  I've got the 8330, (Curve 1, if you will) and it's a pretty solid phone.  Solid keyboard, case, etc.  I was kind of envious of the Curve2, but am I correct that the build quality has gone to pot?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Geocritter wrote:

Wow, has the curve really gone downhill that much?  I've got the 8330, (Curve 1, if you will) and it's a pretty solid phone.  Solid keyboard, case, etc.  I was kind of envious of the Curve2, but am I correct that the build quality has gone to pot?

Hi,

No, I don't think it has "gone to pot" but rather to clarify what I was saying, the case is not made of the harder materials like the Tour, Storm, and other similar higher end devices.  It is a good phone, with all the basic features a Blackberry user would want at a less expensive price.  Actually, the trackpad in itself makes it an attractive phone over a trackpad, which some Tour owners know what I am talking about.  The trackball problems with the Tour was a big problem for some Tour owners and RIM has addressed that by designing the trackpad.  Anyways, just my opinion. 

Doc

0 Likes