BB Curve 8330 and BBM
minleru

I just got my Blackberry Curve 8330 today and in trying to set it up it tells me that i don't have the adequate software to run BBM.  This is one of the main reasons I got this phone.  Am I missing something?  Should I be doing something to activate it?  My friend sent me an invitation to be one of his contacts but I have no way of accepting it, it just sends me to the download page and when I click download it tells me that my software isn't compatible.  Help!  I am going to return this phone if I can't get it to work.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 8330 and BBM
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Blackberry Messenger should work fine out of the box. Do you see the icon on your screen for BBM and when you click on it is that when it says you dont have it? You might want to first load the Desktop Manager on your computer is you have not done so yet. do a backup. Go to the main screen , open application loader. Plug your phone in to your computer ( wait till it shows your pin number in the lower left ) then ADD/Remove applications. Does it show BBM checked or not checked? if its not checked check it and if it is uncheck and go through the next steps. Open all that again and recheck it and it shouold be under the instant messaging folder. Hope that helps

0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 8330 and BBM
minleru

The only application on my phone is Facebook.  How do I get the application for the BBM?

0 Likes