BB Curve 8330 issues - HELP
AnachronismRX

i obtained my Blackberry Curve (8330-Silver) earlier this year through Verizon's B1G1 promotion.

at the same time, my mom got the Pink 8330.

Ive noticed over the course of time that, when on the internet, the hourglass will pop up and spin for atleast 10-20 minutes, and lock up. When i recieve multiple texts, it does the same.

On either of these incidents, my phone develops a mind of its own and shuts off, revealing a white screen that says "APP ERROR" with a mandatory "RESET" option. I hit it, the red light shines for about 5-10 minutes and it begins the restart process. upon restart, it says a message about a BBM error. this has happened since i purchased the phone, and it got worse when VERIZON MADE ME UPDATE MY SOFTWARE!

to note, i wiped everything off of my BB. theres maybe 5 songs, 20 ringtones and about 12 pictures and 3 videos. even at that i have a 2GB memory card in my phone, so it shouldnt be an error with that.

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 8330 issues - HELP
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Well the first thing is how many apps have you loaded on your phone. Apps do not use the memory card but are only saved from internal memory. You might have a conflict with a couple of apps or you have not cleaned your cache in a while. open you bb browser and menu key>options>cache operations >clear history.

0 Likes
washingtonmel

I have had 7 BB's since Dec 08 all manufacture defects both the pink and silver and have encountered everything from them automatically shutting down, freezing up, speakers going out, battery not holding a charge and numerous other issues. Its the BB and they will continue to stick you in replacement phones. They are very deceptive when they tell you that after 3 defective phones in 90 days you can go into a different type of phone. The truth is that you have to bring back 3 NEW phones, if one of your defective phones was a refurbished phone you no longer qualify for that offer. The bottom line is that when BB work they are great and when you have a problem Verizon will continue to swap them out with more defective phones.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Yes because a company loves to waste money to keep you strung along.

Maybe you are not asking nicely. I had some problems with a couple of Curves and they helped me in a Tour no problem. Of course it was not free..though

0 Likes