BB Curve 8530 - "O" button & scroll issues!
Von424

My phone has done this 3 times now...the reaction time to my typing slows dramatically...the "O" button stops working all together...& in order to scroll from one app to another, or in messages, emails, BBM's, online, etc. you have to use the alt or shift keys (depending on what app you're in)....anyone else ever had this issue?? The first time I got worries I would lose everything so I backed up my phone & it just started working right again. The second time, it did it for only about an hour. It's now been doing this for a whole day & it's soooo frustrating...any ideas??

Thanks!

(P.S. Only thing I've tried is pulling the battery MANY times)

0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 8530 - "O" button & scroll issues!
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Von424 wrote:

My phone has done this 3 times now...the reaction time to my typing slows dramatically...the "O" button stops working all together...& in order to scroll from one app to another, or in messages, emails, BBM's, online, etc. you have to use the alt or shift keys (depending on what app you're in)....anyone else ever had this issue?? The first time I got worries I would lose everything so I backed up my phone & it just started working right again. The second time, it did it for only about an hour. It's now been doing this for a whole day & it's soooo frustrating...any ideas??

Thanks!

(P.S. Only thing I've tried is pulling the battery MANY times)

Have you downloaded any new applications lately?

Did your phone start experiencing the issues outlined on your post after you downloaded any particular application?

If so, try removing such application as it may be conflicting with your phone's Operating System. Additionally, please ensure that your phone has the latest Operating System available.

0 Likes
Von424

Hi,

No new applications...I actually cleared out un needed applications on the desktop while backing up my phone, thinking that would help, but it didn't. Just now, all the buttons stopped working so I can't use the phone AT ALL. Going to a store after work & see if they can help me...thanks!

0 Likes
jmac9

My daughters phone is having similar issues.  keys are slowly becoming unresponsive and some are not working so please let me know what verizon advises.  She is away at school so I can't do much except tell her to go in to a local store.

0 Likes