BB Curve 8530
itspainful

I don't want to get notified every time a new email arrives. I look at my BB often enough already. How do I turn off the email notification, and yet keep the loud volume for my BB phone?  I understand all I need to do is Profiles > Advanced > Select Profiles and press BB Menu Button > Edit > Select Each Mail Box > Out Of Holster = Mute.

Where the heck is 'profiles'?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BB Curve 8530
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just adding to what Sydney posted here.  I believe a picture is worth a thousand words.  So here is a video explaining sound profiles.  Hope this helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Do you have an icon on your home screen that looks like a megaphone? That icon may be in the top corner of your screen too, up by your battery indicator and service bars.

I then click on Advanced, and press the menu key and select New Profile. You'll see a list of all your notifications -- calls, email, SMS, BBM, etc. Click on each one, then adjust the settings there. You may want to set it to Mute, No Vibration, no LED.

Since I never put my BB in the holster, I don't worry about those settings. I just adjust the Out of Holster profiles.

Once you set all these, be sure to name your new profile to save the settings, or they'll go back to what they were.

0 Likes
itspainful

I can get to the "Megaphone"/aka sound profiles, but do not have an advance option.  I can set ring tones/alerts, set contact alerts or edit profiles.  Since this is a company phone, I wonder if there are certain features that have been disabled. 

Have had the phone for apx. 1 year and for some unknown reason, their is a tone set off for each new email of which I get many per day..this is driving me crazy!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

So if you open Profiles and scroll all the way down -- below loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, and off -- there's no Advanced option at the very end? 

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. That is the only way I know of to change this. You could try talking to your IT person at work, or maybe someone else here in the forum knows why you wouldn't have this option. Good luck!

Edited to add:

Maybe this will help ... It says go into Ringtones/Alerts, then Messages.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-set-and-edit-your-sound-profiles

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just adding to what Sydney posted here.  I believe a picture is worth a thousand words.  So here is a video explaining sound profiles.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
itspainful

Thank you for the video...as you said a picture is worth a thousand words...perfiect!

0 Likes