BB Curve Issues & multiple replacements. What is the "alternate device"?
dsinning

Help, please!!!  I have a BB curve 8330. I have had multiple issues with the device and it has been replaced multiple times.  Now I am yet again having problems.  The current problem that I am having is that everyone is suddenly telling me that my  voice is muffled or I sound like I am very far away.  Additionally, the phone is slow to respond when I am typing or navigating web pages.  The last customer service rep I spoke with told me that by this time I should qualify for an "alternate device".  What is this and is it worth the time?  Why doesn't verizon tell you this?  Are they hoping that the customer won't pursue the issue?  Any advice and information would be great.

THANKS!!!

0 Likes
Re: BB Curve Issues & multiple replacements. What is the "alternate device"?
bbraucht3
Enthusiast - Level 2
well if you have already had 2 replacement devices in the last 90 days and this would be your 3rd, you are eligable for what is called a multi-fru. it is a phone that is comparable to what you have. for a curve, i think you would get a new tour for free as long as you are still within 1 yr of your original curve purchase
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Negative. You wouldn't get a new Tour. The current device under the substitution matrix is a NEW Curve.  Previously you've been receiving certified like-new devices, at this point you would get a brand spankin' NEW one. If you didn't want that you'd have to sweet talk your way into something else. Tour is a tough sell though.

0 Likes
bbraucht3
Enthusiast - Level 2
i am showing in my system a tour is an acceptable replacement for a multi exchange for a curve
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Oh, so you're an employee then? Gosh, you must be right. VZW employee's don't lie.

0 Likes
bbraucht3
Enthusiast - Level 2
im an outsource customer care agent
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

bbraucht3 wrote:
im an outsource customer care agent

Gah! That's even worse than being a real employee. Do you guys get extensive training on VZW's price plans, features and equipment? Or is it more of a 1 week crash course kind of thing?

0 Likes
bbraucht3
Enthusiast - Level 2
verizon requires we go through the same amount of training that their customer service reps go through. we just dont get to play with the phones like they do
0 Likes