BRAND NEW Blackberry Curve 8530 - the volume keys dont work ?
MelissaPearl

I am new to Blackberrys this is my first one !

I got it today and when I got home everythings been fine, I set it up with absolutely no problem at all.

I have had this phone for a little over 3 hours and i havent dropped it or anything of the sort and the volume keys on the upper right hand side do not work ?

Anyone else have this happen ?

Suggestions on how to fix it ?

If I am already having problems 3 HOURS into having this phone, lord only knows what other things are going to breakdown on this phone...

HELP PLEASE (:

thanks !!

0 Likes
Re: BRAND NEW Blackberry Curve 8530 - the volume keys dont work ?
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi my name is Leslie. Try to change the volume during the call. While in media player it will control volume as well.

0 Likes
MelissaPearl

okay thanks havent tried that yet...

but arent those keys also supposed to control the ring volume as well ?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You can adjust the volume of a ringtone by going to Sounds>Edit Profiles, and select the active profile you are using.  Then look under Phone and there you can change the volume of the ringtone you have selected.  The right side rocker by default will change the volume of what ever is active, ie. phone call, headset, etc.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I believe the 8530 is OS 5. While in the media player you will need to tap the up & down volume keys to change volume. holding them down will advance to the next media.

0 Likes
Re: BRAND NEW Blackberry Curve 8530 - the volume keys don't work ?
schmidthe

Hello,

I too have a brand new BB curve. I noticed that the side keys on the upper right did not change the ringer volume.  I dug through the manual and I did not find a definitive answer.  I called VZW tech center and they sent out a brand new phone.  This one side keys did not work either.  So now we know that 3 phones have the same issue.  I am going to assume at this point that the ringer volume can not be adjusted with the keys on the right side of phone.

As other suggested the ringer volume can be adjusted with in the settings of the phone.  I am fairly certain that this is a design flaw of the phone.  It is a little disappointing as most other phones use this function.  Irritating, but not broken. 

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: BRAND NEW Blackberry Curve 8530 - the volume keys don't work ?
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I click on the speaker icon on the upper left below the battery charge thing. Cursor down to "set ring tones/alerts." Click on "phone" and adjust volume and other choices there. Press BB menu key and save. You can also adjust sounds and volumes  under the other sub-menus. Since getting my BB I've never seen the side button help the ring volume. It does let you zoom in and out on the camera when it is active.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Leslie is correct.  Call a friend and while in the call, adjust the volume of the call.  Also, while listening to a song, adjust the volume of the music.  Likewise, if listenig through headphones, the volume can be adjusted for the headphones.  The volume control works independently for each application; calls, music, headphones, bluetooth calls, etc.  Just moving the volume rocker while not in a call will not adjust the volume.  Try those things and let us know if they work.

Doc

0 Likes