Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Backup Assistant and Curve 8330 PIN not working
akpeter

I try to run the BUA app and it asks me for my PIN.  When I imput my PIN, it runs for a few seconds, then tells me that my PIN is invalid.  I have tried imputting it multiple times, resetting it, and even running the sync from online from my computer.  Nothing is working.  Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant and Curve 8330 PIN not working
RCA

I'm assuming you have an 8330? Your profile shows 833.

Do you have a data plan?

Where did you purchase the phone?

I honestly dont know why it's asking you for a pin but these are some of the questions that are going to be asked to help you out. Any other info would be of help.

0 Likes
akpeter

Yes its an 8330, I must not have hit the zero when I was filling out my profile.  BUA was working fine when I backed up this same BB then switched to a Chocolate Touch about 6 months ago.  Yes I have a data plan, and everything was working fine before.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor

Many people have reported problems using the BUA. I fine it easier to just use Desktop Manager to backup everything, contacts, calendar, settings, etc. locally to my laptop. Desktop Manager is on the CD that came with your 8330.

0 Likes