Backup Assistant on BB Curve 8330
JamesRyan

I woke up this morning to see that the Verizon Backup Assistant for Blackberry was loaded on my phone.  Thought this would be good if I ever needed to change from the Blackberry.

However, when I run from my device it tells me it encountered an error and can't connect to the service.

Anyone know what's up with this?

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant on BB Curve 8330
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to update your roaming capabilities by dialing *228 then selecting option2 to make sure you have great signal? Hope this helps.

0 Likes
JamesRyan

Yup...but it didn't help.  Hard-boot and all.

0 Likes
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

does your phone have corporate provisions meaning is it a work  phone because then backup wont work had that problem 

0 Likes
JamesRyan

Nope...a personal BB

0 Likes
JamesRyan

anyone have any resolution?

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Zrock02 wrote:

Have you tried to update your roaming capabilities by dialing *228 then selecting option2 to make sure you have great signal? Hope this helps.

If you are trying to download an app why would a roaming update help correct this?

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

JamesRyan wrote:

I woke up this morning to see that the Verizon Backup Assistant for Blackberry was loaded on my phone.  Thought this would be good if I ever needed to change from the Blackberry.

However, when I run from my device it tells me it encountered an error and can't connect to the service.

Anyone know what's up with this?

Just a shot in the dark here, is you firewall enabled?  And have you checked the permissions for the application?  Try resending your service books and last thing uninstall the software.  After uninstalling it do a battery pull and the app should be sent back to you from VZW then attempt a reinstall.

0 Likes
JamesRyan

Firewalls are disabled. Removed app and service book. Rebooted and re-installed...same error.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Only other suggestion I have would be to wipe the device and reinstall the OS.  Sounds like something is corrupted.  Be sure to back up first.

Good luck..............

0 Likes