Battery life on Blackberry Curve 8530
Bballref

After 3 weeks of use going a couple days at a time without charging, my battery very suddenly won't hold a charge for any period of time. In addition, a little, square, black clock with a spinning white hand started appearing on the screen, pausing the screen or game I'm in after hitting a button. This started appearing the same time the battery life went. Had never seen the "clock" before this...any ideas what the clock is and is it connected to the battery no longer holding a charge?

I have no apps running, etc. that would drain battery.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery life on Blackberry Curve 8530
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

I would try something easy first to try and solve your problem. Pull the battery out for about one minute and then allow your device to reboot. See if that helps. Also, when you charge your device, make sure you are charging from the A/C wall charger and not via USB connection with your computer. I hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

I would try something easy first to try and solve your problem. Pull the battery out for about one minute and then allow your device to reboot. See if that helps. Also, when you charge your device, make sure you are charging from the A/C wall charger and not via USB connection with your computer. I hope this helps.

Doc
0 Likes
Bballref

Taking the battery out worked! Apparently I had at least 2 applications running that I could not "close" for whatever reason. After rebooting everything is back to normal including the battery charge!

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

JB 

0 Likes