BlackBerry 8330 Curve - how set device password?
bbwestport

I printed out the 8330 Curve's user's guide from Blackberry.  According to it, the pathway to follow for setting a device password  begins at Device Options.  I cannot find Device Options in the Curve's menu.  I'm a new user. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry 8330 Curve - how set device password?
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1
On the Curve, look for the icon that looks like a wrench -- that's Options.  In Options scroll down to Security Options > General Settings.  There you can enable the password, set the number of password attempts allowed, and the security timeout.  Just be aware, if you forget your password, or enter it incorrectly 10 times (or whatever number you set), all the data on your device will be wiped. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Matthew
im not formilliar with the entire BlackBerry Setup... but i am using a BalckBerry Storm. On the menu there is a Setup option, and a Options Option lol. Setup turns out to be for the most part useless. But under Options theres a option called Password. Look for that :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1
On the Curve, look for the icon that looks like a wrench -- that's Options.  In Options scroll down to Security Options > General Settings.  There you can enable the password, set the number of password attempts allowed, and the security timeout.  Just be aware, if you forget your password, or enter it incorrectly 10 times (or whatever number you set), all the data on your device will be wiped. 
0 Likes
bbwestport
Thanks much! 
0 Likes
bbwestport
Thank you.  Refer to BBgirl09's guidance for complete pathway.
0 Likes