BlackBerry Curve Bill High
AchillesMaximus

Hey guys,

I just got my BlackBerry Curve 8330 about 1 week ago, and I don't know why the bill is $332 I think its a mistake. I know its my first bill, but here I'll post the info.

Says monthly Access Charge $186.16  Equipment charges $89.76
Current Calling Plan 06/19 - 06/26 28.39 Current Calling Plan 06/27 - 07/26 110.00 Current Data Plan 06/23 - 06/26
they charged me twice for current calling plan.
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Curve Bill High
Bsmith151

They didn't really charge you twice for the monthly access charges.  All voice and data charges are billed in advance, so the monthly access charges for 6/19 - 6/26 are prorated charges from the begin date of service to the end of your billing cycle, and the charges from 6/26-7/26 are the regular billed in advance monthly access charges.  Same would be true for your $29.99 or $44.99 data plan (prorated plus month in advance charges on the first bill).  Not entirely sure about all of the equipment charges, but assuming you are a new Verizon customer one item is most likely the $35 connection fee.  Of course the government taxes and fees are on top of all charges so quite a bit of those too.

The first wireless bill is a shocker, calms down beginning with the next billing.  And after seeing for a couple of months what your actual minute usage is (given mobile to mobile usage not counting against minutes and impact of Friends & Family if you have it) you can adjust your minute plan to give the best value / $$

0 Likes
AchillesMaximus
Thank you for your decent answer. One more question, so I'm always going to be charged with two current calling plans for different month dates?
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
Did you make a change to your Price Plan?  With the dates you provided it appears that you had approximately five days on one plan and then another nine days on the new plan.   If so, you would have a partial month for the old plan, partial month for the new and a full month of billing for the new price plan.  After the first bill you should not see prorated my monthly service unless you make a change to your price plan or features that you can't backdate to the beginning and don't want to wait until your new bill cycle begins.  In that case you would start the billing for that day and would incur a prorated and month in advance bill.
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

AchillesMaximus wrote:
Thank you for your decent answer. One more question, so I'm always going to be charged with two current calling plans for different month dates?

No.  The only time you should see two calling plan charges for monthly access is if you do an On Demand change for your calling plan or if this was your first bill.  Verizon bills in advance for monthly access, so on your first bill you will see dates from the day after you activated the phone (you get the first day of service free) until your bill cycle, plus the NEXT month's access fee.

On any bill after that, you will see the access charge for the NEXT month, unless you did an On Demand change (which causes proration).  When you need a plan change, always try to backdate or future date when possible!

0 Likes