Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackBerry Curve as Modem
mapkar

So I have a BlackBerry Curve, it's a great phone, but it seems to be nearly useless for the internet. I've got the "Unlimited" data plan and at most 30MB/Month is used. Since it has this amazing plan of 5GB/Month, why can't I use it with my Macbook Pro as a modem? I suppose the real question should be, do they charge a huge fee for this? If they do, why does it cost MORE money than it already does to use the same data plan I ALREADY have?

0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Curve as Modem
halbeart

Since you are using a BlackBerry® device which is an Advanced Device, i have no clue on how much extra the cost will be. The pricing for Mobile Broadband with BlackBerry Email & Web plan is a charge of $30.00 that is added to your monthly billing cycle in addition to the email and web for blackberry. 

Also a tip for you. If you have the BlackBerry® Unlimited data plan, this is not needed for you unless you work for a company that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, and your company has provided you with Enterprise Activation instructions or information. Use the Email & Web for BlackBerry® if your using email and other data services for your own personal use. Both plans have unlimited data no matter what since your BlackBerry® uses many KB monthly. But only get the unlimited data or whatever it is if your company provides you information for enterprise activation to their BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.

If you wish to subscribe to the 5GB mobile broadband please contact your local Verizon Wireless retail store, or contact customer support 1-800-922-0204 from a landline phone, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

• Mobile Broadband Connect 5GB Plan for BlackBerry® Email & Web - $30.00 additional charge to your next monthly statement

• Mobile Broadband Connect 5GB plan for BlackBerry® Unlimited Connect Data (Required to activate with a corporate BlackBerry® Enterprise Server) - $15.00 additional charge to monthly statement 

0 Likes