BlackBerry to Android?
Corton

I have a BlackBerry Curve at the moment, I bought an Android phone from a friend can I just activate the Android phone on my number and it will have the datapack and everything? or do i need to call verzion and have them change it from a "BlackBerry Plan" to a "Android Plan"?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry to Android?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

No, there are no extra charges and no impact on your contract!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there Corton! Congratulations on your purchase! There is no need to request a feature change from BlackBerry to 3g/4g Data. Our billing system does this automatically. You need only log into your account at My Verizon or I can help you! Let me know!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
Corton

Hey, Dion. Smiley Happy Thanks for your reply. So all I need to do it go to the site and activate the new phone? and it will automatically make my data plan work with it?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Yes. The plan names may be different, but they have the same properties.

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
Corton

Alright, so if i just activate the android phone.. I wont get extra charges?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

No, there are no extra charges and no impact on your contract!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
Meezy

hey I did the same except it's switched for me! I am going from Android to Blackberry. I have the same question!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Meezy.

The answer is the same, you can activate the new device, and as long as both devices are Smartphones, your data package will not change.  You will also not be charged anything extra for making this change.  To activate the new device, be sure both phones are powered off, turn on new phone and dial *228 [send], option 1 to activate.  You will be asked to enter your 10-digit mobile number, as well as you billing password, (or last 4 of SSI).  Follow the prompts to complete activation.  You can also make this change via My Verizon.  You will need to sign in as the Account Owner, then select Activate or Switch Device under the Device tab.  Again, you can follow steps to activate the new device.  Once that is completed, you can dial *228 [send], option 1 to program.

I trust this information is helpful. 

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes