Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Blackberry 8330 -- Question
ppratt21

I currently have the Blackberry Curve 8330. I broke the charging port on the phone, and do not have full insurance on the phone, so it will cost me to both repair the phone and buy a new phone. I am a teenager and do not have the money at the time for either a repair or a new phone. My mom had an old phone that she is letting me borrow until I have the money to repair my phone. I was wondering if it will cost for me to degrade from my blackberry to a motorola razor. I have a family member who told me it would, I don't understand how that is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 8330 -- Question
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

If all that is wrong with your Blackberry 8330 is the charging port is broken, you can purchase a charging dock, sometimes called a charging pod, for less than 20 bucks, even less on Amazon.com.  Then you can set your device in the charging dock to recharge it.  Just a thought.

Doc

0 Likes
MorganB

You will not be charged to activate the Motorola Razor. Just dial *228 from the device you want to activate. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
SydneyK

You may need to call customer service to switch devices though. I had to call and have them manually change my plan back to the basic one before I could activate. But no, it won't cost you anything ... it'll save you $30/month.

0 Likes
bh3164

I did this very thing and got hit with minute overage charge.  There was data that had not been added to my account that got added after I removed the BB.  I want to do this again as I am interested in an iPod touch.  It will do most of the things my BB does and my old razor will do the phone part.

I need to know how many days I need to leave the BB off so I do not get those charges again.

Thanks.

0 Likes