Blackberry 9330 Curve dropped calls
fandkmilo

I have a BB Curve 9330 that constantly drops calls in my house.  My wife has a Chocolate (also on verizon) and she never drops calls.  My voice to others cuts in and out and calls will arbitrarily drop.  This is the second 9330 I got in the last three weeks.  Both with the same problem.  I updated my roaming capabilities but no help.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9330 Curve dropped calls
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

On your device you will want to try updating your PRL.

To update the PRL:

1. Power on the phone within the Verizon Wireless coverage area.
  2. Dial *228 then press SEND (this call is airtime free and may take up to 2 minutes).
  3. When prompted, press 2 for the option to update the PRL.
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to informing that the phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.
  5. Press End to terminate the call.
  6. Power cycle the phone to complete the update.
0 Likes
gab-one

I was told to do this but we are on the second phone with the same issue. The previous post notes that he updated his roaming and that it didn't work. It has not worked for us either. This is the only model we have issues with. What is the problem. Sales people say it is as if the phone doesn't have enough power. Voice is cutting out and dropping calls. We have road salesmen and this is not acceptable.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

It might be a glitch in the OS software. I would suggest downgrading to a previous software version and see if the problem resolves. Keep us updated on your progress.

Doc
0 Likes
SamDeRe81

It appears gentlemen that the OP is not alone in their issues with this phone. I'm writing on behalf of my friend who recently got one and her phone also exhibits the same exact behavior. She lives in Benicia, CA and the last few weeks she's had it her phone calls will drop randomly, or cut off her voice only to reappear later for no appearant reason. Her phone is charged nightly but it continues doing this no matter if it's end of day or morning. I find this all very unusual and could not reccomend a product from Verizon until it's acknowledged and FIXED.

0 Likes
Computerwiz007
Enthusiast - Level 2

When was the last time you removed your battery? Smartphones are like a computer, they run out of memory and have to be rebooted to avoid slowness and other problems. Try doing a battery pull at least once a week. Also try registering your phone with the network after it fully boots back up. To register your phone please do the following after your phone boots back up:

press your blackberry menu key

select options

select advanced options

select host routing table

press blackberry menu key and select register now

If none of the above works and your still under warrenty take your blackberry back again for another replacement. I think after 3 warrenty replacements they may give u the option of getting another phone valued at the same price as ur blackberry, but i think it depends on the rep u speak with at the time, or so I heard. Good Luck!

0 Likes
cmolica
I switched to the 9330 from the 8330 a week ago and am experiencing a massive amount of dropped calls. (20-30 per day vs 1-2 per day with the 8330)
Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the hardware or the OS? This is a company issue BB and I need to let our IT dept know if it is a problem phone. Thanks for any information.

CM
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

cmolica wrote:
I switched to the 9330 from the 8330 a week ago and am experiencing a massive amount of dropped calls. (20-30 per day vs 1-2 per day with the 8330)
Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the hardware or the OS? This is a company issue BB and I need to let our IT dept know if it is a problem phone. Thanks for any information.

CM

Hi cmolica,

Are you still having the dropped call issue? Have you tried power cycling your device to see if it help refreshed your connection?

In determining if it's the OS or your device, more information is needed. Even though you switched one BlackBerry to another, some unknown factors could be causing the drop calls. If you are still having the drop call issue, please send me a private message with your information. I will be happy to reach out to assist you further. 

0 Likes
boons

I also have the same problem with everyone Exactly the same. anyone have found out a way to overcome this problem??

0 Likes