Blackberry Curve 29.99 data package question
angie0923

I'm thinking of upgrading from an enV2 to a blackberry curve (or some other phone that requires the $29.99 data package). My question is:  With my enV2 I pay 10.00 a month for the 500 MSG Allowance+UNL IN MSG.  Do I still have to pay this $10 in addition to the $29.99 data package charge.  When I chose all the features I wanted on my blackberry when I attempted to upgrade on-line it didn't give me a choice to add the $10 messaging package so I thought maybe it was included in the $29.99 fee.  Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 29.99 data package question
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found that I had to pay the, in my case, $5 extra for 250 texts per month in addition to the $29.99 for unlimited data since the SMS don't count as data.  One of the contributors did point out to me that if I use Blackberry Messenger to message other BB users, those do not count towards my texts since those are data.

I guess the short answer is yes, you would need to pay the additional charge for text messages in addition to the fee for unlimited data on a Blackberry.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 29.99 data package question
bk31th

All smart phones must have the data package. sorry.   29.99 is data access only, this does not include texting.   On the website the two are separate, implying each is an additional charge.

0 Likes