Blackberry Curve 8330 chirping
BayBberry

I have seen this problem on other posts, but haven't found a resolution. My Blackberry Curve 8330 has just started random, intermittent (and loud) chirping during all incoming or outgoing calls. I am not using a Bluetooth device. It occurs with both my plug-in headset and without. 

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 chirping
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

I have recently seen this issue with a curve in our organization.  It almost sounds as if the speaker is shorting out.  I have not seen any other patterns to this weird error and we have also never seen this with about 200 blackberries that we manage.  This particular phone is due to be replaced so will not attempt to reload the OS or anything like that but it could be a shot.

0 Likes
BayBberry

Have you noted a timeframe? I started to notice this about two weeks ago. 

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

The time frame was the last month or so.  Supposedly the end user has noticed it more and more often.  However the phone was due for an upgrade so we are not really going to go too indepth with a trouble shoot.

0 Likes
adamant

i had mine replaced a month ago and it still does it. brought it back last night and they replaced the battery with a new one and it seems OK now.. he tried to talk me into up graded to a different BB because i was due for a up grade last month but i a waiting for the tour 2 ..

0 Likes
sproulwj

Having the same problem, begain about 1 month ago.  Very loud when it occurs.

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

When you replaced your phone originally did they make you keep the battery and put it in the new phone?  If so, that makes a lot of sense once you replaced you battery and it seemed to fix the issue.

0 Likes
tdwidner

I am having this issue too. I have received 3 different replacements with the same issue.

0 Likes
tdwidner

I am on the phone with tech support now. They keep insisting that is the phone. It has happened on 3 SEPARATE PHONES.

Gosh this is really frustrating!!!!!! If someone has any answers to this I would so appreciate it..Im stuck in my contract until next year and I dont have 200-300 bucks to get a different blackberry..

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

See my post in this thread at http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/High-pitched-sound-beep-while-on-calls-on-BB-Curve-83... for more information on this problem.

Thanks,

Doc

0 Likes