Re: Blackberry Curve 8530 overheating
ecgoodwill

Same issue here. As of about a week now my phone has been overheating (not everyday, but 3 times that I am aware of). The battery kills itself at the same time as well.

My other pending issue is that the time zone CONSTANTLY changes. I am in EST, but today it kept jumping between EST and GMT.

I called support and they had me do the same thing - register, check updates, etc. I've done battery pulls and a factory reset. no dice. Called support again today as issue happened again this morning, now I'm headed to the store to have it looked at.

0 Likes
cncallender57

My daughter just called this morning from school, told me same thing - unit overheating, wouldn't take charge, wouldn't power on, took it to nearby store, they're sending replacement unit, etc.  Unit was purchased in August 2010.

My questions to Verizon are: 1) is Verizon sending out BBs that have not been updated with the new patch/fix/upgrade/whatever? 2) is there a way that customers with an older BB can download the patch/fix/upgrade/whatever? 3) how can customers confirm that their BB currently has the latest version of this patch/fix/upgrade/whatever?

0 Likes
babapatil

I just bought bb curve 9360, its overheating, i m taking up with the store, i dont understand why does this happened...

0 Likes
tiredmom

Ok so it's nice to know that I am not the only user with this issue. What I would like to know is how to stop it from happening! None of the patches, updates, etc. have worked. Now I am going on to my third Curve and as much as I like it I am so tired of losing everything that I put on the phone sice I last backed it up. How can I retrieve my information when the phone keeps overheating and killing batteries? Does anyone have any advise? I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

babapatil wrote:

I just bought bb curve 9360, its overheating, i m taking up with the store, i dont understand why does this happened...

Thanks for posting babapatil!

I would like to point out that it is considered normal for the battery to get warm to the touch while in use, while charging or while using certain data services after a length of time.  However, if you're experiencing excessive heat, too hot to touch or swelling or rupture of your phone or battery, this requires attention.  If excessive heat is what you are experiencing then you should take your device into one of our corporate locations to have the phone and battery inspected.  Ensure you bring your batteries, wall/desktop and car chargers with you to the store.

Please let us know the outcome of your visit.

0 Likes