Blackberry Curve 8530 stop working
Wanda40

I touched my phone and it was really, really, really hot.  I placed it on the table and when I picked it up later it was off.  I tried turning it back on and have been unsuccessful.  I've plug it up to the charger and it's not charging and not coming on.  Is there a way to get it back on and in working condition?

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8530 stop working
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

First, try a battery pull to see if it powers back on.

It's also possible that if it wasn't charging, for whatever reason, the radio shut off (happens on BlackBerry when the battery dies). This means you may have to keep it plugged in to charge for a while before it'll even power on.

0 Likes
chunchuna1

Same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. It can be plugged all night and if I pick up one call it will drop in less than a minute and then it is off and all you see is the hourglass. Then it goes black again...  I ordered a new battery.  Will see what happens...

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just started with this problem.  Any updates?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rljablon,

I apologize for the delayed response and I am hopeful your issue has been resolved since the original date of your post. If not, I can happily assist you. Please DM me your wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

I took my phone to a Verizon store and was told that my battery was the problem.  The guy guessed from the bulge of the battery that the chemicals in the battery were breaking down, and he recommended that I buy a new battery.  I did, and everything seems fine.  My phone isn't getting too hot anymore, it doesn't shut off seemingly randomly, and it stays charged.

Good luck!

0 Likes