Blackberry Curve 8530
WendyArb

I just received my BB today and wanted to use my VW back assistant to upload all my contact information in my BB Curve. Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Having a hard time figuring it out. Thanks.

Wendy

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8530
trixiebell

I got my BB via mail order and couldn't get the back up asst. to work either, and finally decided it must not be compatible, as there was a note beside it saying that it wasn't available for synchronization with the online contacts.  I spent 4 hours hand entering all of my contacts.  PITA...  :smileymad:

Good luck!

0 Likes
WendyArb

trixiebell wrote:

I got my BB via mail order and couldn't get the back up asst. to work either, and finally decided it must not be compatible, as there was a note beside it saying that it wasn't available for synchronization with the online contacts.  I spent 4 hours hand entering all of my contacts.  PITA...  :smileymad:

Good luck!

That sucks!!! I'm just going to walk into the VZW store and have them help me out because there's no way that I'm manually entering my contacts....kudos to you for that time spent. Wow!

I also read around that BB does not support the "backup assistant" and I needed to import my contacts to my micro SD card and then insert into the BB and upload the contacts that way, but when I tried that, I got an error message.

Thanks!! :smileysad:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You can use Blackberry Desktop Manager to merge your old data to your new one.  It is a free download and should have come on a CD with your new device.  If that does not work for you, you could do it in a round about way.  Go to Google.com and get a free email address.  Once you have that, you will automatically have access to a Google calendar with address book.  From your old device, send the contact information to the Google address book, then sync that with your new Blackberry.  If you have Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, you can do it through Desktop Manager and it is very easy.  See the instructions found at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-setup-your-blackberry-sync-outlook to explain more.

Doc

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

When I got my first smartphone/non-compatible device I simply selected my contacts and sent them to my new device via Bluetooth, worked great and all my info showed up in the proper format:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2
I would try using the Desktop Manager as well for the new phone. Make sure you do all the updates to the software before you use it. There is an option for Device Switch that will allow you to attempt to pull the data from the non-Blackberry device and transfer it to the Blackberry. I will admit that this does not always work but it is worth a shot.
0 Likes