Blackberry Curve Data Question?
jbtrey13

thank you! you helped alot if you answered these questions!

my cousin has given my a blackberry curve. i am wanting to use it. i know you need a data plan. i have a 150 MB data plan. if i activate the blackberry to my account will there be any aditional fees? as in blackberry activation? another question is will i go over my limit if i use the blackberry? the only things i will ever do it facebook and twitter. i also have a wireless router hooked up to the blackberry. so i can use that for facebook and twitter if i need to. or just use it normaly. i am just trying to switch from my current phone the kin onem witch is a bad phone. please answer my questions

1.any activation fee for the blackberry?

2. any additional fees?

3. will i go over 150 MB? (if i only use twitter and facebook through the browser?)

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve Data Question?
CrimsonGuard
Enthusiast - Level 3
At this time when you activate a Blackberry on a consumer Verizon number, it REQUIRES an unlimited data plan. This unlimited data plan runs $29.99 a month and will replace the current data plan (so you can subtract that amount). There is no activation fee to switch devices. Because the data plan is unlimited, you will not need to worry about going over.
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve Data Question?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

jbtrey13 wrote:

thank you! you helped alot if you answered these questions!

my cousin has given my a blackberry curve. i am wanting to use it. i know you need a data plan. i have a 150 MB data plan. if i activate the blackberry to my account will there be any aditional fees? as in blackberry activation? another question is will i go over my limit if i use the blackberry? the only things i will ever do it facebook and twitter. i also have a wireless router hooked up to the blackberry. so i can use that for facebook and twitter if i need to. or just use it normaly. i am just trying to switch from my current phone the kin onem witch is a bad phone. please answer my questions

1.any activation fee for the blackberry?

2. any additional fees?

3. will i go over 150 MB? (if i only use twitter and facebook through the browser?)

Call customer service and ask if you can activate it with your 150MB plan. You may be able to, depending on whom you talk to. It doesn't hurt to try. No,  there are no additional activation or other fees since you are already a customer.

BlackBerrys are very efficient with data, so you may be fine with 150MB. But keep track of it. If you're using it for Facebook, Twitter and email, and use Wi-Fi at home, you should be OK. If you stream music without Wi-Fi, that will use a lot of data.

0 Likes