Blackberry Curve and MacBook
wmensch

Hi.

Am having a terrible time syncing my blackberry curve to my mac laptop, even using pocketmac.  I lose and duplicate calendar entries and address book entries, for instance.  When I sync, I can't tell which entries are overriding which, or what is being deleted.  It's to the point where I'm entering everything twice.  So what's the point.  Is there a way around this?  Is the Droid any better with mac?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve and MacBook
kseiter0508

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 and a Macbook Pro and I've not had any sort of syncing problems. When I got the 8530, I specifically asked the Sales Rep which Blackberry sync's best with a Mac. That's the only reason I got the one I did. Maybe you could switch to 8530?

0 Likes
TallGuy1970

This may be a silly question, but have you tried using the Blackberry desktop software? They make a Mac version - http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/desktop_mac.jsp.

I used PocketMac with a Windows Mobile phone and had the same problems as you described.

0 Likes
srviratavw

I'll second TallGuy's suggestion, use dump pocketmac and use blackberry's software.  I sync a Curve, Tour, and Storm with it and have used it to transfer info to new phones without any problems so far.

0 Likes
RedHawk1

Yes, you need to go to the Blackberry Site, download the right Desktop Manager (Mac or PC) for your computer.

In your case, as I did, you must download the latest App of the Mgr for Mac. Follow the instructions tru the Mgr., and very important, BACK UP YOUR PHONE on the application BEFORE you start to update your phone with the lateest OS! 

Good luck and happy upgrading!

A fellow Mac Professional and BB user....

Hawk

0 Likes