Blackberry Curve newbie: What's with the documentation and the Blackberry Manager software?!?!
mfalconiero

I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8330 which I pretty much hate.  (I'm also not a big fan of this web site since it just discarded this entire message and is now making me re-type it!).  I have some concerns and I wonder if anyone can comiserate or has any thoughts...

1. The software that came with it:  Aside from backing up the data, what good is it?  I can't even figure out how to move pictures from my device to my computer.  And I don't have time to figure it out because it's the slowest software I've used since the days of dial-up!  Plus, it prevents my computer from going into standby mode.  I'm particular perturbed about that!
  2. What's this highly-touted GPS feature all about?  What's it good for exactly?  I'd like to be able to get turn-by-turn directions when I'm wandering through the city...but it doesn't seem like that's what this is all about.  Unless of course, I want to pay an additional montly fee for Verizon's navigator thing, right?
  3. Anyone else think the documentation that came with it is woefully inadequate?

Thanks....

0 Likes